Difference in opinions

How would your Non-husky friends describe your dogs compared to you??

Mine (If I had any) :redface1: would say Storm is too hypo and in your face, and pulls too much.

They would say Angel is dangeous and unpredictable and needs muzzling I guess.

:( why are people's opinion always so negative? Anyways here's what I got:

Friends: Awww he's so cuuuteee! Have never met a dog that is so well-behaved! (this is not a surprise. Indonesians almost don't see the need of training their dogs. If they feel like the dogs need to be trained, they'll call a K9 officer to train their dogs. Too bad, those trainers don't teach the owners how to train dogs so they end up with a dog that only listens when the trainer is around)

Neighbors: is it really legal to keep a wolf as a pet?

One former friend: you kidding me. Huskies are one of those dogs that eat people

:( why are people's opinion always so negative? Anyways here's what I got:

Friends: Awww he's so cuuuteee! Have never met a dog that is so well-behaved! (this is not a surprise. Indonesians almost don't see the need of training their dogs. If they feel like the dogs need to be trained, they'll call a K9 officer to train their dogs. Too bad, those trainers don't teach the owners how to train dogs so they end up with a dog that only listens when the trainer is around)

Neighbors: is it really legal to keep a wolf as a pet?

One former friend: you kidding me. Huskies are one of those dogs that eat people

I dont actually have friends who dont have huskies really so I guessed. (maybe theyre negative because they are my huskies bad points im picking up on.)

My inlaws when I was fostering Mishka, told me to swap angel for mishka! :o

I dont actually have friends who dont have huskies really so I guessed. (maybe theyre negative because they are my huskies bad points im picking up on.)

My inlaws when I was fostering Mishka, told me to swap angel for mishka! :o

:nooo: angel's waaaaaaay too precious <3

Some friends would say I'm being harsh on him that he's just a pup (the training)... bf's and mine mom say the same.

One friend respects me that I have him so well-trained while he's so young. And that he's the second dog she's not afraid of!:) Bf says he doesn't respect me as much as him.

Arab neighbors are scared of him because he's a dog. Other people are amazed that he's a husky not a Swiss or German shepherd's dog, a wolf or... Because huskies are black&white.:facepalm: And some are like "beware he'll bite you."

Ryn is out with me a lot. She comes to work at least once a week and our walks are normally in places where there are many people. Most people who meet her are surprised at how well-behaved she is. We get a lot of 'How old is she? Wow, she's well-behaved. I wouldn't mind getting a husky.'

I always thank them for the positive comments and then remind them of the work that a husky can be. She didn't get to be so mellow around people without being constantly exposed and worked with. Then, I tell them about Strider [MENTION=1869]sutsibe[/MENTION] , usually makes them change their minds! LOL

Like [MENTION=53]Austinville[/MENTION] I get a lot of comments on how well-behaved they are. Anyone who comes into our livingroom sees the dogs standing at the top of the stairs, leaning over to get a look at the new visitor. They aren't allowed upstairs, but there is no gate or door preventing them from coming up. Scout has great recall and a desire to please (he's half German shepherd), and Wyatt walks very well on a leash. One friend in particular (who owns a malamute) just adores Wyatt and his pushover nature!

I try to take the their comments as the compliments intended, but to be honest I look at my dogs and see the bare minimum of acceptable behaviour - if I actually took the time to really work with them, then they'd be well-behaved! When they can't get over how the dogs won't come past the doorway I just kinda shrug and say "dogs don't live upstairs." I'm still not happy with how Scout walks on a leash, but they can still be easily walked together by one person.

My husband's side of the family, however, sees typical breed stereotypes and thinks they are baby-eaters.

Ryn is out with me a lot. She comes to work at least once a week and our walks are normally in places where there are many people. Most people who meet her are surprised at how well-behaved she is. We get a lot of 'How old is she? Wow, she's well-behaved. I wouldn't mind getting a husky.'

I always thank them for the positive comments and then remind them of the work that a husky can be. She didn't get to be so mellow around people without being constantly exposed and worked with. Then, I tell them about Strider @sutsibe , usually makes them change their minds! LOL

If it doesn't, we can bring them out to meet him - that should convince them! :P

I've had comments such as "you're bonkers!" "what on earth possessed you!?" "how do you cope!?" and "I'd kill them"

Strangely, I also regularly received the first three comments when I had four young children :confused:lol I often added the last myself :huskyfall: