showdog? really?

mydiamond

was just curious... This person tried to sell his gorgeous 8-months-old girl and advertised her as "show quality". But as far as I can see, there is nothing special in this dog O_O in fact I think she won't be a favorite in the show ring due to her open face and baby blue eyes (thanks for the lesson @sutsibe and [MENTION=6615]HuskyMom09[/MENTION] )

this is just out of curiosity, but.. Showdog? Really? (also one of those attempts to learn how to tell a show-quality dog apart from the pet-quality ones heehee)

post-2850-13586042783921_thumb.jpg

post-2850-13586042784879_thumb.jpg

post-2850-13586042785467_thumb.jpg

post-2850-13586042785891_thumb.jpg

For me, THIS is the only pic that proves she's a show-quality :rolleyes:

post-2850-13586042784512_thumb.jpg

The "open face" and blue eyes shouldn't make any difference to her showing quality. It's difficult to see from photographs what faults/strongpoints she may or may not have - you have to get "hands on" with a dog to establish that. From the photos she looks OK (ears a bit big for my liking but that's just me) but it's almost impossible to tell anything much from photos taken at these angles.

Mick

Well she certainly isn't 'my' style, but it appears she is over seas? Perhaps Asia? What we see here in the US and what is being shown elsewhere varies quite a bit just from what I've seen. I do agree that the open face and blue eyes would be a hurtle to overcome with her. But without better photos of movement, free stacking, etc it's hard to really say...live movement evaluation and hands on evaluation would be the best.

It's possible that she is - as was previously mentioned, what's shown in the US can be different than in other countries, sometimes. According to the breed standard, the blue eyes and open face *shouldn't* make a difference - but many judges here in the US who aren't really familiar with the breed will not "put up" (choose) dogs that are a bit different from the top winners they're used to seeing advertised; it is hard to win with pure white, piebald, or agouti, as well! Too few judges, in my opinion, know what good movement is, or at least they don't value it as they should. Prettier will usually win, sometimes even if it is open-faced and has blue eyes!