huskies in summer heat?

lukahsmommies

my fiancé and i want to take lukah ( hes 9 weeks old ) to the creek today but are worried about how he will handle the 84 degree weather. is it safe for us to take him with us and if we do what can we do to ensure that he won't overheat? also how long is a safe amount of time for a husky to be in such hot weather?

my fiancé and i love the hot weather. going to lakes and creeks, swimming .. all of that. we want our baby boy yo be apart of that. but anytime we take lukah out to potty he doesn't really like staying out long. he will quickly find a shade or go to the door asking to go back inside.

my fiancé and i love the hot weather. going to lakes and creeks, swimming .. all of that. we want our baby boy yo be apart of that. but anytime we take lukah out to potty he doesn't really like staying out long. he will quickly find a shade or go to the door asking to go back inside.

a husky can adapt to warmer weather but he's never going to be a hot weather dog. he has too much fur. Def. not the breed for all of that in 90 degree weather

no he isn't fully vaccinated yet. i guess we should wait which is what we were thinking. but yes when he is up on his shots and we take him he would have air on the way there ( although that may be bad going from cool to extreme hot), and have plenty of water and if he wanted to get in the water he could.

Its gets REALLY hot here and Marius used to love going to the beach. As long as your not walking him there in the heat and your going in an air conditioned car you can go with him and stick to the shade by the creek. Bring some water with you and some gatorade and mix in some of the gatorade with the water to avoid dehydration. I always have gatorade handy in the summer :P but make sure hes got his shots first :P

Actually, the same fur that protects a Siberian Husky from the extreme cold, also functions in similar way with regards to heat. Just ask [MENTION=2502]Sid[/MENTION]&BellaNTX who lives in Texas and takes his two Husky's swimming all the time. This came up when a member asked about shaving their Husky to help with coping with the heat, which you should never do-it takes their protective fur and guard hair away leaving them vulnerable to the elements. After getting up-to-date on shots, you can take your pup to the creek, just bring water for the ride and walk to the creek, pond, what have you and your Husky will be happy to be along playing in the water which is also excellent excersize both for your pups mind stimulation and processing new things, as well as its physical excersize in swimming-you will have a happy, tired little Huslking at the end of your outing! :D

Edited by AttilaVikingsDemon

We take neptune and caroline tl the state park we have over here. I will only take them in the morning or evening. Never at its hottest day!! If it is too hot for them to go to the dog park I allow them to play in their pool for about an hour in half and bring them inside. My neptune gets a lot hotter than caroline so he cant handle too much hot weathef. All depends on your pup.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2