Pet Insurance company

Val (Zebedee)

I am SO hacked off with my pet insurance company right now! When we got Kaviq & decided he was going to remain as part of our pack, I shopped around for insurance for him. My policy for Myshka & Diesel was due for renewal so I rang them & asked to add Kav on to the policy. They said they couldn't at the time as they were having technical issues with their computers, so I decided to wait & add him on to the renewal. That was back in March.

I rang them on the eve of the renewal date & was told they were still having issues & to process the new policy on line (I would qualify for a discount too!) :yahoo: so I did.

When I got the paperwork 2 weeks later, it was just for Mysh & D .... no Kav! :eek: So I rang them again, where they explained the problem was their system was acknowledging I had an existing renewed policy for Mysh & D so the computer wouldn't let them be duplicated on a second policy - fair enough, I thought, at least I'm not paying twice. So, the girl would press the button to delete that 2 dog one & it would allow the 3 dog one to go through & I would receive the documents in 7-10 working days.

2 weeks later, I get the new docs - with just Kaviq on! :@ So I rang AGAIN!! They offered loads of apologies & the same explanation as before about the 2 dogs being duplicated but also that the previous customer service operator had not "pushed the button" to release the new docs & close the old one. So, I had to wait another 7-10 days.

Time was pressing now as I need the documents for a fund-raising day I want to go on, it's for Katy Holmes, you may have read about her around the forum; briefly, she was diagnosed with a brain stem tumour in Oct last year aged 10 yrs old & sadly passed away in January, she loved huskies. Well, a week tomorrow, 26th May, would have been her 11th birthday & some of the guys on here have organised a fun dog show at Picnic in the Park, a fun day arranged by her parents & family & friends. No documents, no show!

So after another fruitless wait, I rang last Saturday & was told there was a problem with the internal post, that docs were not going out as scheduled. I advised of the urgency & was told the problem was still the same but the Service Manager had been made aware & the docs would be released in 2 days & I would receive them in 5 working days.

Today is working day number 5 - guess what???? No chuffing paperwork! :arghh: So, another phone call, half an hour spent on the phone, the situation was the same. The Tech team could get me some docs in 3-4 working days, but I need the docs faxed to the Council to prove my 3 dogs are insured to attend & they need to be there in plenty of time. They have to still get the 3 dog policy created (even though my policy number covers the 3 dogs) as it currently only shows Kaviq. I asked to speak to a manager, was put on hold for 8 minutes (I think they hoped I would put the phone down!) only to be told it is not their policy to have a manager on the "shop floor" and take a call. I asked for the details to be emailed to me so I could forward them on, they can't do that as it is not data protected. I asked that they fax the docs straight to the Council, they haven't got the docs written up. The best I can do now is they will prepare a letter on headed notepaper & fax it to the Council explaining what the issue is & that all 3 of my dogs are insured & have 3rd party liability insurance. All I can do is hope the Council will accept that so that I and my dogs can take part in what is hoped to be an amazing yet emotional day in memory of a beautiful little girl that was tragically taken from her family by an ugly disease.

I have started down the complaints procedure route & will get a call in 48hrs but not sure what that will achieve as all I want is my paperwork!! I cannot believe I made 3 requests to speak to a manager to be told it is not their policy for a manager to take the call - I've worked in call centres & that just astounds me!

:rant::rollingpin::banghead:

Ring them again. Tell them that it is not your policy to continue to deal with those who cannot handle your simple request, and if it isn't handled NOW you will take your business elsewhere.

Or perhaps not ---- that could make it worse yet.

Sorry hun. Fingers crossed that the council will accept.

Update: That call I was to receive within 48 hrs took 72 hrs to come through! Still not resolved!

OK, I am another week down the line, a few more phone calls & still no documents! I got home yesterday to an email saying my monthly payments had gone from £49 to £71 :eek: Back on the phone ... Oh, Mysh is on there 3 times so I'm paying for 5 dogs :@ Was assured it was a glitch & would be sorted in 24 hrs .... gets a phone call today, they can't work out how to add Myshka to the 2 boys' policy so I have to take out a 2nd one but will pay the same premium and receive all the paperwork in 7-10 days (seeing is believing!)

So, now I don't know if they even bothered faxing the info to the Council, one of the girls has spoken to the councillor & he cannot find any docs faxed from Tesco, so it seems all my calls & explaining has been for nothing. I'm so annoyed they cannot get a simple thing like a policy, which is all they deal with, correct & sent out with the right info on. And because of their errors & issues over the last SEVEN weeks, I will probably have to miss out on taking part in the fun dog show for Katy. :(

Unbelievable. Inept employees reflect an inept company.

I know - now that the event is over & I can stop focussing on their ineptitude, I will start to look around for a new insurer, after all, I do have till next March ... but if they even THINK of trying to charge me an admin fee for cancelling ... :angry::arghh::banghead: