Is Your Husky a "Dainty Drinker" or a "Sloppy Drinker"?

Mazz

Dainty Drinker or Sloppy Drinker  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Dainty Drinker or Sloppy Drinker

• My Husky is a Dainty Drinker
    • My Husky is a Sloppy Drinker

We have one of each. Eisa is very delicate when she both eats and drinks, leaving no sign that she's been at the water bowl. Zoya just dives in and usually lets some drip onto the floor.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Safi is dainty in drinking and eating. Sometimes she looks like she's having difficulty lapping. The other three drink messily and usually let it pour from their mouths as the walk away. Peppa occasionally decides to hold the bowl still with her paw and has been know to dig in it. The bowl is huge. Togo when eating picks up a few biscuits, puts tthem on the floor and eats them one by one. Loki takes his time as does Safi, Peppa is a fast eater

one of each with water but both good with food but sim bangs his metal bowl on floor and shakes it fast when he needs water and the other week i got the timing all wrong just as i bent down to retreve bowl BANG CLANG WALLOP i think i saw the white light and a voice of a long lost friend saying come to me but did not go to it, when i came round with a what the **** and feeling like my nose was touching my ear and dogs looking at me with the look that said ho we or both in the do do now and the munchies will not becoming out if the box today and i think we should hide for a while i got alot of sympathy from my daughter see could not hold herself up for giggling all the time looking for somthin cold to put on my face i looked like i had done ten rounds with tyson mmmm theres an idea should i change his name

one of each with water but both good with food but sim bangs his metal bowl on floor and shakes it fast when he needs water and the other week i got the timing all wrong just as i bent down to retreve bowl BANG CLANG WALLOP i think i saw the white light and a voice of a long lost friend saying come to me but did not go to it, when i came round with a what the **** and feeling like my nose was touching my ear and dogs looking at me with the look that said ho we or both in the do do now and the munchies will not becoming out if the box today and i think we should hide for a while i got alot of sympathy from my daughter see could not hold herself up for giggling all the time looking for somthin cold to put on my face i looked like i had done ten rounds with tyson mmmm theres an idea should i change his name

Think

your post was definitely giggle of the day.. Sorry lol

:doglaugh:

Jack is a bowl diver, so ice cubes only outside, and he likes to have them directly after his walk...he'll even stand by the freezer waiting. Andy is more dainty, and Jessy is virtually silent. But back to Jack...he is one of those we've already read about, that forgets to close his mouth and leaves a trail through the kitchen! I'm sure I've posted ice eating videos...it's like he is bobbing for apples. Will have to look for that one!

Ryn fills her mouth and then walks away from the bowl, dripping water throughout the mud room and kitchen - though she does it very dainty-like! LMAO

And when the bowl is empty, she picks it up and throws it across the floor so that it makes enough noise to wake the dead - her signal to have it refilled.

Fox is...Well it works like this:

Refill water bowl. Fox takes it over first...Eponine waits patiently until he either moves his big bottom or he stops being a punk. In the event that he's feeling extra punkish (even when it's snowing outside) when he's finished he will then dump out the water either through digging or usin his paws and teeth to flip the bowl. Then he will roll around in whatevers on the floor and trot off...leaving Eponine with whatever he didn't soak up with his coat...

Eponine will endure this and wait patiently for me to refill the water, drink as quickly as she can...because she just doesn't want to deal with Fox and she dislikes being even a little wet so she's got to get her fill before Fox comes over and empties the bowl again (unless of course he's moved onto other things...in which case the water will survive more than one drinking session)

Fox is...Well it works like this:

Refill water bowl. Fox takes it over first...Eponine waits patiently until he either moves his big bottom or he stops being a punk. In the event that he's feeling extra punkish (even when it's snowing outside) when he's finished he will then dump out the water either through digging or usin his paws and teeth to flip the bowl. Then he will roll around in whatevers on the floor and trot off...leaving Eponine with whatever he didn't soak up with his coat...

Eponine will endure this and wait patiently for me to refill the water, drink as quickly as she can...because she just doesn't want to deal with Fox and she dislikes being even a little wet so she's got to get her fill before Fox comes over and empties the bowl again (unless of course he's moved onto other things...in which case the water will survive more than one drinking session)

:rofl::lolman::rofl:

Ryn fills her mouth and then walks away from the bowl, dripping water throughout the mud room and kitchen - though she does it very dainty-like! LMAO

And when the bowl is empty, she picks it up and throws it across the floor so that it makes enough noise to wake the dead - her signal to have it refilled.

She comes by it quite honestly - I think it's genetic! I don't think I've ever had a dainty drinker - they've all been the type to grab a mouthful and then proceed to wet down the floor with it... Maybe hoping to get me to mop? Oh, well, at least they generally seem to outgrow the digging in the water stage - eventually.

Kiska's a very clean and tidy drinker and eater, but Freya is turning out to be a little mess monster! Half the bowl of water ends up on the floor after she's finished drinking. She's a tidy eater though :P

Kyra is VERY sloppy. Both with her food and water. She picks up a mouth full of food and will drop it on the floor somewhere and eat maybe half if we are lucky and then runs back to get even more food and the process just repeats itself. With water she throws her whole head in her bowl and even likes to blow bubbles and when she takes a drink she comes running over to us if we are sitting on the couch and she comes to lick us or maybe just to grab a toy but I guess in her excitement she doesn't swallow 1/3 of the water she took in and it ends up everywhere. I'm constantly cleaning up after her but you know I wouldn't have her any other way. She is just Kyra haha silly silly sloppy girl.