Male or Female?

Mazz

Which do you prefer? We seem to prefer females.

Sent from HTC Desire using TapaTalk

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's never been a real preference - not one that I'm conscious of anyway - but most of my mutts have been females. Avalanche is the first male I've had in years.

There is a personality difference between the males and females but don't ask me to explain that, it's just a feeling.

I seem to prefer males. Though when I was looking for a husky I was looking for a female. The female cats I've had I never really got to bond and snuggle with them. Shasta has been the only female pet we've had that I really bonded with so far.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

I prefer males but wouldn't change my girl at all , our next dog will be a male too , we were actually looking for a male when we got told about skyla , we didn't want a girl but she needed a home and she was the only dog dad said 'do what u want' about (he said no to all the others so this was him saying yes)

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Edited by BingBlaze'n'Skyla

We have 3 female dogs & Moro is the only male. I prefer males because they tend to be larger, I like big dogs lol. Juno our gsd is female & she tends to be more protective, I like having one of each really lol, good balance. They stick together like they see my hubby and I stick together & I love that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I prefer male dogs, but Timber has taken care of that for me. I don't think I will ever own another male husky, but my male GSD Drake is fantastic! Sayge my female husky is really good, she doesn't run off, and listens to me (occasionally). If I stumble upon or a boy husky finds me I will totally take him in, but I will never buy a boy husky. I love him to death, but we call him Timber the terrible, or Timber tantrum for a reason!

I didn't have any preference when were looking for our first dog, and still don't. I have to say though, I've seen marked 'stereotypical' differences between having a female and a male. Molly, for example, will witter on, and on, and on, and ... whereas Timber will only intervene if he's had enough 'ear bashing', as it were. :D That said, it might just be Timber's personality. *Thinks to self* 'or was it because he was surrounded by 3 Premenstrual females in his last home?':S

Edited by molly's_mum
Typo

Males so far.... My last husky was a female and she was very independent and sneaky. My boy Bart is so loving and attached to my family. He's a huge mush, he loves to snuggle and watch TV. My girl wasn't like that at all, if too many people were around she'd find another room and sleep. I wouldn't have traded her for anything and it broke my heart when she passed.

If I ever got a third I would definitely be looking for a female. Compared to Shadow, Storm seems so much easier to handle, I don't know if it's a boy thing or not but I feel I can't turn my back for 5 minutes with Shadow whereas Storm is always chilled and in control and after Shadow throwing his weight around these past few days I think I prefer smaller Huskies lol