A Special Place

Mazz

Being a Moderator on Husky-Owners, is both an honor and a challenge. Over the course of time, I have tried my best to be fair when reading posts, by keeping my personal views on the topic, in check. It's not always easy, but it is always necessary.

The rules of the forum are pretty straight forward, easy to interpret, and so, easy to manage. With about 7,500 members, however, it can get interesting. There have been a few times when I've been adorned with a moniker that envelopes words that emanated from some gutter, and I guess it's my thick skin that has let me sluff it off.

I don't always make the correct judgements, and I don't always agree with some of the posts that appear. But I do give my best effort. I've often said this forum is a special place. It's like other forums in that it has members, has a presence on the Web, utilizes software to provide an interface, and has staff to manage and run the forum.

But Husky-Owners is unique. There is a common link that all of us share that are active and participating members. In part, it's our never-ending love of the breed. But I think it goes deeper. There is a sense of home, a comforting environment, and a feeling of belonging that really makes this forum what it is.

I doubt that Sarah and Marc ever imagined that a forum based on Husky Owners would evolve into an International presence. But it has. It has brought us together, all of us, through the love we each have, not only for our own Husky, or Huskies, but for others' Huskies. Who could not love Ryn, or Skyla, or any one of the thousands of Huskies represented by all the Husky Owners?

So at the end of the day, I may have messed up in being a moderator, I may not agree with everyone that has posted, but I still consider you as a friend.

May the hair continue to collect on your floors and your clothes. May you continue to embrace your furry friends. And may you always have the spirit of the Husky in your heart and in your soul.

Sent from HTC with Tapatalk2

Edited by Mazz

i love this site i am a widow on my own with two fluff balls that are my company and my friends my reason for living i have so much happiness from them (i try to forget the not so good my slippers, hair brushes tooth brushes and my teeth and no i was not wearing them at the time but he must have been the only husky in the world that smiled that week when he pooped):doglaugh:but i know that if i had a problem this is the first place i would be with so many helpful people my husband arranged for me to have a puppy for when he past away and was a suprise but whot he will never know is the gift of friendship of so many people that or out there willing to help with advice a smile a laugh and not forgeting all those puppy pics to warm your heart on a cold day:)thank you

i love this site i am a widow on my own with two fluff balls that are my company and my friends my reason for living i have so much happiness from them (i try to forget the not so good my slippers, hair brushes tooth brushes and my teeth and no i was not wearing them at the time but he must have been the only husky in the world that smiled that week when he pooped):doglaugh:but i know that if i had a problem this is the first place i would be with so many helpful people my husband arranged for me to have a puppy for when he past away and was a suprise but whot he will never know is the gift of friendship of so many people that or out there willing to help with advice a smile a laugh and not forgeting all those puppy pics to warm your heart on a cold day:)thank you

Well said :D

It is indeed a very speshul (oops - special) site and group - so many different experiences, viewpoints, lots of friendly advice / tips / help. The chance to meet like-minded people (and their furbies). Keep it up all you moderators! I am a mod on 5 Freecycle / Freegle groups so I have some idea of the workload / commitment involved

You are a great moderator Dave :) and a voice of reason.

I have noticed that you have rescued those threads that get buried under the hundreds of posts because you felt (I presume) that the OP never got a satisfactory reply - once the thread is back up and running, help is on the way because you took the time :)

You are a great moderator Dave :) and a voice of reason.

I have noticed that you have rescued those threads that get buried under the hundreds of posts because you felt (I presume) that the OP never got a satisfactory reply - once the thread is back up and running, help is on the way because you took the time :)

Rosemary, thanks for your kind words. However, I like to think of myself as a moderate moderator, being a great moderator is still a goal.

Sent from my HTC with forumrunner.