Yearbook 2012: Rainbow Bridge

Removed #1

Looking for someone to coordinate this portion of the yearbook 2012. This is a big task, and really the person whose going to oversee this needs to be able to take into account a few things:

• The pain of loosing a pet
  • The desire of a lost furbaby's family to remember their pet
  • Tact and gentleness in communication
  • A willingness to work in the googledoc

Also wanted: Member poems and artwork to contribute to this memorial portion of our yearbook.

Additionally: If there's someone who does not want their pet included in the rainbow bridge memorial portion of things please contact myself. This part of our project is intended to remember, not hurt anyone.

I have three, but I picked two of my favorites...

<no title, sorry!>

I looked up to the clear blue sky

Trying my best not to cry

While watching a vague rainbow that is shy

And sending flower petals to fly

I smiled to the seven colors of Heaven

It told me: “he’s gone but not forgotten”

And now when I have to hang on the edge

I knew I’ll be fine even if life send me a typhoon

Because I can see you smiling from The Rainbow Bridge

Your eyes as if saying: “I will see you soon”

Rest in peace, sleep under the stars of our memory

Let my love and prayers form a melody

Let the song sings how my life without you won’t be as lovely

Thanks for being a part of my life, honey

Now run free and make yourself happy

<again no title, should I make one?>

Mommy, why are you crying?

Can’t you see me flying?

Take a look at your surrounding…

I smile through the stars that are shining

I saw you through the moon that is glowing

And I am not pretending!

Because mommy, to me, you are everything

Mommy, why are you so sad?

Your tears made me feel bad

After days of joy that we both will never forget,

I want to say it is wonderful that we met

Now show me that wide smile you always had

And keep your eyes from being wet

Mommy, thanks for loving me

And now as you can see

I am running free

But even in this world of perfection, I will patiently wait for thee

[MENTION=53]Austinville[/MENTION]

With the loss of a beloved member of ones family I personally don't believe telling someone your pet passed in the wrong year is appropriate or very supportive, so barring community objections I'd prefer to leave this memorialization portion of the yearbook open to anyone who would like to share.

@Austinville

With the loss of a beloved member of ones family I personally don't believe telling someone your pet passed in the wrong year is appropriate or very supportive, so barring community objections I'd prefer to leave this memorialization portion of the yearbook open to anyone who would like to share.

I know you well enough to assume this, but wanted to be sure.

post-6713-13586044072721_thumb.jpg

Sasha Alexis of Ferguson

(September 28, 1996 - June 28, 2010)

And I'll forget the world that I knew

But I swear I won't forget you

Oh, if my voice could reach

Back through the past

I'd whisper in your ear

Oh darling, I wish you were here

post-6713-13586044076513_thumb.jpg

Dakota

(January 10, 1998 - March 14, 2011)

If the road ahead is not so easy

Our love will lead the way for us

Like a guiding star

We will be there for you if you should need us

You don't have to change a thing

We love you just the way you are

Our Dakota was a rescue, he was a year old when he came into our life. He had been placed in 5 different homes before us. In one home he was severely abused which kept him in a Vet clinic for 3 months for healing.

@Fox Tink & Eponine

We posted a photo of Sasha and Dakota for the Rainbow Bridge part of the Year Book, let us know if this was proper to place here...

Also, here is a photo with the quote "Let Their Souls Fly Free And Find Peace" which you are welcome to use.

post-6713-13586044081135_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

This one again I'd like to handle individually and carefully. If you've a pet regardless of whether or not he or she was a Husky that you'd like to include please let me know. If you'd like to help out with making sure this section of the yearbook has the propper respect and dignity, again let me know.

post-6615-13586078854484_thumb.jpg

Timber

10/22/2012

Request From Rainbow Bridge

by Constance Jenkins

Weep not for me though I am gone

Into that gentile night

Grieve if you will, but not for long

Upon my soul's sweet flight

I am at peace, my soul's at rest

There is no need for tears

For with your love I was so blessed

For all those many years

There is no pain, I suffer not

The fear now is all gone

Put now these things out of your thoughts

In your memory I live on

Remember not my fight for breath

Remember not the strife

Please do not dwell upon my death

But celebrate my life

North of The Rainbow Bridge

by MakWa4me

The time comes. A Siberian Husky lifts up its head. There is an untested adventure beyond. Time to go.

Across the Rainbow Bridge is a place for all dogs. A river runs wide and shallow with tennis balls that fly with their own wings; that is the place for a Labrador or Golden to await its master's arrival.

The Siberian is not content here. Northward is its trail....

There are soft pastures for Aussies and Border Collies, with sheep and geese to pen. Agility equipment grows like trees amid Frisbees and flyball.

But the North continues its sure wild call, and the Siberian's journey continues....

Now the air is colder. Now the moon is always full. Now the light is silver and it breaks and shimmers on fields of bright snow. Now there are no roads, no walls, no pens, just endless space to run. This is where Siberians gather, North of the Rainbow Bridge.

They wait in this beautiful place, happy, but not complete. Suddenly, a howl begins, as one dog senses someone coming, someone very special. All the Siberians raise their heads and join in the ancient chorus. They dance like moonbeams and sing like winter winds.

There are red ones like dawn streaks, black ones splattered with many colors and silver ones like the first strange hour before light. They line up as if in harness and run together, in a scintillating, many-colored streak. The leader of the team guides the others past the fields and river, with racing feet and racing heart. They rush to greet the new arrival at the Rainbow Bridge, where the leader is rejoined with its beloved person, never to be parted again.

The glory of the reunion is celebrated by all the Siberians dwelling beyond the Bridge, a glimmering, multicolored team leaping and whirling with joy. The light from that scene is what we see on magical evenings in the northernmost parts of this Earth: The Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights beyond the Rainbow Bridge.

A Poem I wrote for my friend.

Nymerias promise By Louise McKie

My beloved please don't cry for me.

I'm sorry I had to go.

I was needed somewhere else you see,

out where the northern lights glow.

Where the floor is covered with snow,

and the cold north winds blow.

My beloved please don't be sad for me.

I'm happy in my silver harness running free,

with others like me.

So untill we meet again one day,

I ask one thing of you,

Whenever you miss me,

Listen hard enough to hear me howl.

North of The Rainbow Bridge

by MakWa4me

The time comes. A Siberian Husky lifts up its head. There is an untested adventure beyond. Time to go.

Across the Rainbow Bridge is a place for all dogs. A river runs wide and shallow with tennis balls that fly with their own wings; that is the place for a Labrador or Golden to await its master's arrival.

The Siberian is not content here. Northward is its trail....

There are soft pastures for Aussies and Border Collies, with sheep and geese to pen. Agility equipment grows like trees amid Frisbees and flyball.

But the North continues its sure wild call, and the Siberian's journey continues....

Now the air is colder. Now the moon is always full. Now the light is silver and it breaks and shimmers on fields of bright snow. Now there are no roads, no walls, no pens, just endless space to run. This is where Siberians gather, North of the Rainbow Bridge.

They wait in this beautiful place, happy, but not complete. Suddenly, a howl begins, as one dog senses someone coming, someone very special. All the Siberians raise their heads and join in the ancient chorus. They dance like moonbeams and sing like winter winds.

There are red ones like dawn streaks, black ones splattered with many colors and silver ones like the first strange hour before light. They line up as if in harness and run together, in a scintillating, many-colored streak. The leader of the team guides the others past the fields and river, with racing feet and racing heart. They rush to greet the new arrival at the Rainbow Bridge, where the leader is rejoined with its beloved person, never to be parted again.

The glory of the reunion is celebrated by all the Siberians dwelling beyond the Bridge, a glimmering, multicolored team leaping and whirling with joy. The light from that scene is what we see on magical evenings in the northernmost parts of this Earth: The Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights beyond the Rainbow Bridge.

I just love this...though it always brings tears, it's one of those things that remind us of how special our huskies are!

A Poem I wrote for my friend.

Nymerias promise By Louise McKie

My beloved please don't cry for me.

I'm sorry I had to go.

I was needed somewhere else you see,

out where the northern lights glow.

Where the floor is covered with snow,

and the cold north winds blow.

My beloved please don't be sad for me.

I'm happy in my silver harness running free,

with others like me.

So untill we meet again one day,