Hope for Bodie :)

aronoiiel

I know I post a lot of GSD stuff here but this really brought me to tears. WARNING though there is some graphic detail about him being shot in the face and the damage that caused oh and medical leaches are mentioned for the squeamish :( So glad he is doing so well though bless him and his handler as well as the vet staff :) It's definitely a wake up call that not only the humans in this profession face potential fatal threats :(

http://www.news10.net/news/article/193834/2/Doctors-are-encouraged-by-Bodies-progress

Side note: I find it interesting the Vet clinic he is at is the one I ended up choosing for Kiana's spay as I felt far more confident in the staff there and now they are my main vet clinic. I really do have high respect for that clinic and have not questioned my decision :)

Here's a message from the FB page of the police department :) He has had all the bullet shrapnel removed I believe and is well on his way to recovery :)

Message from Bodie's handler: I want to thank everyone for all the support and well wishes for Bodie!!! I've spent every day and night with him on his bed since Friday and the improvement I've seen him make is amazing!! Tonight when I walked in out kennel he wagged his tail non stop and jumped up on me to put his paws on my shoulder and lick my face! That's a long way from driving him to the vet with lights and sirens and begging him to hold on. He truly saved my life in that back yard that day and I can't thank him enough! Please keep Bodie in your thoughts for a speedy recovery. We're looking forward to being out there catching bad guys soon!!

post-1092-13586044914153_thumb.jpg

Edit: just got another update he WILL be going home Thursday :clap::yahoo:

The video if you watch it also shows a 3-D image of what had to be fixed in his jaw poor boy.

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/05/wounded-hero-k9-makes-miraculous-recovery/

Edited by aronoiiel