Smelly dogs!

Shelly25

Can anyone give me any ideas how to make my furbabies smell a little bit sweeter?

As it's still not really warm enough to bath them properly I would like to try and make them smell better than they do without giving them a full on bath!

I have tried dry shampoo spray which works for all of 5 minutes and have no idea what else I can try!

Any ideas? :confused:

I've heard Baby Powder can help. I personally use a freshening spray that smells like apples (they have different scents). I don't think it lasts very long though. If your Huskies smell too badly, it could be a sign something is wrong. Huskies usually do not carry much of a doogy odor.

Its just the typical 'doggy' smell that is more overpowering when all three are in at once! They are predominantly outdoor dogs and do insist on standing out in the rain which doesnt help at all!! I've tried some spray and I think it smells lovely, Oscar goes nutty when he sees the bottle starts rolling all over like a loon!! But I just need something a little more effective!

the baby powder suggested by Nikki up there is (as far as I know) deffo more effective. The scent lasts for a long time :)

but just to make sure, check their ears. Generally huskies don't have doggy odor, but who knows yours might be a special one LOL

Since Sibes typically are one of the breeds chosen as clean and non-allergenic I'd be a whole lot more inclined to look at the surroundings when they're outside. Have you looked around to see if possibly they're rolling in something that smells good (er, to them) and then carrying the odor in with them? Is your yard / garden large enough that the area where they defecate isn't being tracked into the area where they lay?

In my limited contact with Sibes, I haven't run into a Husky who smells "doggy" even when wet ... Avalanche, Alaskan Husky, carries a bit of doggie odor when we've gone swimming but even with him that fades quickly as he dries. Sasha smells as sweet wet as she does dry.

We have 2 sibes and a german shepherd.

We can almost never smell the Sibes wet or dry (well except for their "exhaust" emissions Peeeyooooo!!! :P )

Echo the shepherd had typical wet dog smell for days after getting wet.

I agree with @Al Jones You nornally can't smell any odour from Sibes.