Shedding

Sheriff&&Kava

So I brush my Sibe Just about everyday and Hes like an enless pit of hair. There is hair on everything in our house. No matter how well we clean up or how much I brush him the hair always ends up on everything.

Is there anything else I can do it eliminate this problem or is this how it will always be?

post-5754-13586044081905_thumb.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I brush my Sibe Just about everyday and Hes like an enless pit of hair. There is hair on everything in our house. No matter how well we clean up or how much I brush him the hair always ends up on everything.

Is there anything else I can do it eliminate this problem or is this how it will always be?

Unfortunately, this will always be like this...

The problem is that especially in warmer climates, they tend to shed pretty much non stop. I find that the shedding is more acceptable during the winter, but for the rest of the year, when it's relatively warm for a sibe (upwards of 10 degrees C), the shedding just goes on and on.

You can try to vacuum more often (it will reduce the general amount of hair floating around the house). Although in all honesty, we vacuum once a week and just live with the hair for the rest of the time. But the one time we tried to vacuum more often, it helped.

You can also try to buy white/beige carpeting, bedding and clothing in the future. This just camouflages the hair; it will still be there, but it won't be so visible. Since we got ours, I started buying much less dark coloured clothing - even with using lint rollers, with dark clothes every single hair is noticeable and not very nice if you need to look neat. Plus nobody likes having to carry lint rollers around, because if you use them inside, within 5 minutes, there will be white fur on the clothes again!

Also if you do all your brushing outside, in your yard, you'll minimize the amount of hair in the house. And some people swear by professional dog blow drier, these things can take quite a lot of space and are expensive but apparently since they are so powerful, they remove lots of hair at once. If I had a yard, I would definitely get one, especially considering we bathe ours pretty often.

Have a semi related question, can someone please clarify how many times & generally when huskies blow their coat? We use a shop vacuum to suck up the hair tumble weeds lol so we're ok there, we've got the shed clean up down.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Have a semi related question, can someone please clarify how many times & generally when huskies blow their coat? We use a shop vacuum to suck up the hair tumble weeds lol so we're ok there, we've got the shed clean up down.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think it's twice a year, depending on climate.

Huskies in need posted an address of a lady yesterday who is going to knit things from husky hair and sell the stuff for the charity. Can get her address if your are interested

Jac

:)

LOL omg that's amazing.. what kind of things she gonna knit?

Huskies in need posted an address of a lady yesterday who is going to knit things from husky hair and sell the stuff for the charity. Can get her address if your are interested

Jac

:)

Nice one.;) We have a couple of carrier bags full we can donate.