Is your husky a water baby?

Val (Zebedee)

Took our 3 to Pennington Flash for a stroll this evening, when Diesel sees the water, a herd of buffalo couldn't keep him out of it!! And as we are safe, he is off lead & trots along with us .... till the lake comes in to view!!

Which is really strange as when we rescued him, he'd lived on Anglesey for over 4 yrs, metres from the sea, then in Bangor, again not miles from the sea. We picked him up after Myshka agreed he could come home with us and, as it was a long journey home, we stopped in Colwyn Bay for a pit stop. We walked to the beach - and Diesel squealed & cried & backed away from the water! Whether it was the movement or noise of lapping waves, I don't know; but we kept taking him to the beach once he'd moved in & now, you can't get him out!!

What are yours like with water?

post-143-13586044327302_thumb.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Val that is a very apt question :) Well freya hates the water and will do everything to pull in the opposite direction. Indi will paddle but not passed her knees.. and Brooke, well Brooke got the fright of her life when we went walking yesterday. She jumped off the side into a fast flowing brook... and then I'm not sure whether it was the sudden cold or the depth she just froze stock still, and didn't seem to know what to do :) it was quite funny and then she suddenly came to life and loved it :P she is so funny at times

My 2 absolutely love the water. If they see water they head straight for it usually at high speed :dog3:but they are not too keen on the sea if there are waves or it's a bit choppy :)

Having 2 Border Collies that love water, it was only natural that Mishka would become a water baby too :lolman:

Mishka is the one in the blue harness (had to borrow Tango's because she'd eaten her own!)

[ATTACH]45799[/ATTACH]

following my BCs into the sea (at Husky Camp this year) & a little video I took last year 8.4.11

post-3916-13586044563103_thumb.jpg

Edited by brian brown!
forgot picture lol

Caroline is obsessed with water. Ever since we introduced her to the bay by where we live at 4 months, she fell in love!! She will try to go as far out as possible to go swimming! Neptune loves to play in the water, but his passion for water isn't as strong as Caroline's. I have a picture of them both in the water. We also, got a kiddie pool for them and they enjoy that on a nice hot day!!

Here's them in the kiddie pool

DSC03870.jpg

Here is the both of them in the bay we take them too

DSC02637.jpg

Fox...waterbaby...

Eponine...water is for drinking, not for touching me...really think that she's had the hose used as punishment...as we've had her since July and she's only now willingly to timidly approach the hose if I'm ONLY spraying it into the ground AND have treats for her

Awwww, cute pic! He looks so happy in the water :) I haven't taken Echo swimming yet, but would like to try.. I think she would love it! She always seems very curious about the water, like she wants to go in and she does not mind baths one bit. My Taz was a swimmer though, loved water, he had his own kiddie pool for the summer time too :)

Andy will only walk through a puddle if he's got no other choice, doesn't even like the bathtub, and forget the hose. He will tiptoe through the wet grass to try not to get his feet wet. Jack dunks his head eye deep for ice cubes, but hasn't been swimming, and the kiddie pool last summer was just a big drinking bowl for them! We don't know yet with Jessy, as she really hasn't had a chance yet. We'll see what she does with the pool this summer, as she does love to lay in the sun...the others are shade dwellers!

Maddie hates puddles and will do anything to avoid them but show her water she can swim in and she is off no stopping her and she only comes out when she is ready! Oscar will paddle and have a little swim but prefers to belt around the edge of the water! Poppy not been introduced to water yet so that will be fun when she is!

Diva loves to have a paddle but has only properly swam twice when she didn't realise how deep the water was lol

Viggo adores water. He always ended up sitting in the swimming pools at dog parks. He even jumped in a pool one time, but got scared b/c he couldn't reach the bottom, lol.

Tika likes water as well. He also used to get very wet at the dog parks.

Bear HATES HATES HATES it! When it's raining, it's tough to get him to go outside to wee.

Storm hates getting wet and Shadow loves water, he even invented a game where he'll jump in his pool and chase Storm around the garden, tag her, and then back in the pool like he knows she won't get him there lol

Took this pic yesterday, he also loves to dig at the water

And Storm on the left, unimpressed

Dimitri is completely OCD and won't get dirty or wet.. Jumps over puddles takes the longest route around mud but will go in the stream up to his ankles.. Shadow on the other hand is a bit of a tramp to be honest.. He doesn't care about dirt.. Thinks nothing of rolling in mud.. And is a really good strong swimmer.. :)