Eight Below

Diarmuid

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boys Viggo and Tika are related to two of the Huskies that starred in this movie. Their mother Duchess is grandaughter of the siberian who played "Truman" in the movie Eight Below and the niece of "Shorty" in the movie. Kind of neat. Of course though, neither of my boys could ever be a movie star. They don't listen well enough, LOL.

My boys Viggo and Tika are related to two of the Huskies that starred in this movie. Their mother Duchess is grandaughter of the siberian who played "Truman" in the movie Eight Below and the niece of "Shorty" in the movie. Kind of neat. Of course though, neither of my boys could ever be a movie star. They don't listen well enough, LOL.

that's really cool :jawdrop: I remember Truman... The dark-red one right? I know Shorty is (obviously LOL) the shortest in the pack but can't perfectly remember which one he is x)

iron will ?

In 1917, Will Stoneman's (Mackenzie Astin) father is killed in a mushing accident leaving Will to care for his family. Needing money for college and to save the family farm in South Dakota, Will decides to travel to Winnipeg, Manitoba to take part in a dog-sled race from Winnipeg to Saint Paul,Minnesota. With the aid of Ned Dodd (August Schellenberg), the young man prepares both physically and mentally for the harsh weather and terrain throughout the race. During the race, Will becomes popular with the newspaper media as reporter Harry Kingsley (Kevin Spacey) tells about Will's strong courage in what he must do.

post-95-13586044537376_thumb.jpg

that's really cool :jawdrop: I remember Truman... The dark-red one right? I know Shorty is (obviously LOL) the shortest in the pack but can't perfectly remember which one he is x)

He was red... http://lauradalessiberians.com/Mojo's%20page.htm. This is the boy who played him.

This boy played him too... http://lauradalessiberians.com/Chase's%20page.htm. This is Viggo's great granddaddy.

Edited by PnkFlyd204

I sometimes wonder how do they make these dogs respond to their character's name... O_O do they temporarily rename them?

they probably record it and say their real names , then re-record n call them theirt 'actor name' and layer the footage so it looks like the dogs are responding to their actor name

i dunno tho , its just a guess