Eight Below

Diarmuid

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boy Sabaka is also related to 2 of the dogs in that movie. Two of his uncles from a kennel in PA are in the movie. Pretty cool! I suppose that could make our dogs related in some distant way.

Sabaka as in Russian for "dog"?

A show I saw on Animal Planet before of a behind the scenes movie starring a golden retriever showed actors using clickers to get the dog to look at them as they said the actor name. The noise, obviously, was edited out. Can't remember what the movie was called though. Think it was just a TV movie.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

I'd never heard of Iron Will! Just ordered it off Amazon :), as for Eight Below I cry from the moment they leave the dogs until they come back from them. I also love Snow Dogs and Snow Buddies! Are there any other husky movies???

I'd never heard of Iron Will! Just ordered it off Amazon :), as for Eight Below I cry from the moment they leave the dogs until they come back from them. I also love Snow Dogs and Snow Buddies! Are there any other husky movies???

white fang is starred by a low-content wolf dog but sounds pretty good

When Eight Below was on the TV last Christmas Bella had only been with us a few days but she sat and watched the whole thing. She was not happy when the sealion or whatever it was was eating thier food.. :( she kept growling at it.. and when mia(i think that was her name) was injured she sat a cried and tried to get into the TV.. :( great flm..:)

When Eight Below was on the TV last Christmas Bella had only been with us a few days but she sat and watched the whole thing. She was not happy when the sealion or whatever it was was eating thier food.. :( she kept growling at it.. and when mia(i think that was her name) was injured she sat a cried and tried to get into the TV.. :( great flm..:)

awww that's really sweet :wub: the lead dog is called Maya :)

it cracks me up that this movie/topic seems to come up on this site every few months. we husky owners are such husky saps! :P btw....love love love the movie and cry like a baby every time,

and Paul Walker is a hottie....:redface1:

white fang is starred by a low-content wolf dog but sounds pretty good

I actually just ordered all three Balto movies for my brother and a US TV show called Call of the Wild.

I'm way too husky obsessed :D

Brilliant film, watched it when it first came out.

Bit of trivia: Buck and Shadow were actually Malamutes

Maya the lead dog was played by a dog named Koda Bear aka ‘The Princess’ (Doubles: Jasmine & Kalista)

Edited by brian brown!