how do you keep your husky cool?

We are having some kind of heat wave in the UK, doesn't happen that often, so all you guys who live in hot countries - do you have any tips on keeping your husky cool?

I know they cool quicker through their stomachs, but mine won't lie in a paddling pool of water, apparently it is just a large drinking bowl :rolleyes: I have tried the towel-in-the-freezer trick, they got ignored! They do like frozen treats, I use old food trays, drop a few dog treats in, fill with water & freeze, they have doggy ice lollies for a while, but what other things do you you do to keep your husky cool?

I have a misting fan on a temp trigger that blasts cold mists for 10min at a time. Also I have bought cooling gel pads for my 2 which they would lie on all day long. I do not know if this company would ship it over to the UK but I'm pretty sure they are stores that sells this stuff http://www.thegreenpetshop.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000002. And the usual ice cube in water which they would play hockey after they take it out of the bowl.

I'm really lucky in that my house stays cool in these hot temperatures and we have tiled floors in some parts of the house. This is where you will find Kodi most of the time, he also have the paddling pool whichis a big drinking bowl pmsl

archie our huskamute gets very hot very quick but luckily he loves to play with ice cubes so i pour a bucket of ice cubes over him and he will sit on them and bat them around and happily eat them but if we are out and he gets hot hes very much a water boy so we always go where theres a lake or pond and he will jump right in and go off for a swim to cool down ( much prefer the ice cubes at least that water is clean and not smelly lol )

I give him ice cubes or frozen carrots. Still hasn't realized that the frozen bottle of water I give him is for cooling not playing though. The whole of Europe is hot currently. :D

Edited by simhauu

Ice cubes, frozen fish, plenty of water & shade obviously. We have just got a fan down from the loft which helps. They were a bit unsure when it was first turned on due to the noise but they soon got used to it. Timber wasn't keen on having it pointed at him though - he kept trying to wipe the draught off his face with his fat paws

We have a frozen water bottle but not tried them with it yet. Probably won't last long the way Molly goes through that type of bottle. Maybe she won't et it so much as it is frozen?

Well, we just turn on the AC for Kayak. It has been running since the middle of May, he hates hot weather, doesn't like Ice cubes or anything frozen so while he is comfortable, we are dressed up from head to toe to stay warm. We have had friends come over and they say we could refrigerate food in this room. But, it is all about Kayak. :pingu: