Puppy not eating...

SnowPatrol

We've had Snow since Saturday and she isn't eating like I think she should. I tried sitting with her but she just takes a few bites and then seems uninterested. I can't put it in her crate because she just ends up knocking it over. Any suggestions?

Also, we're taking her to see the vet tomorrow.. I just want to make sure everything is good with her. What questions should I ask them?

I'm going to catch it for this!! If she picks up some in her teeth and nibbles on it, that's pretty normal ... how do you think she should be eating??

Okay, seriously, let's talk Husky here ... she's new to your home and that's going to affect her appetite, if she's not comfortable then she's not going to eat as much as most think she should. Aaaand on that topic, how much do you think she should be eating, Husky's tend to eat a lot less than most people think they should for their size.

How old is she? from the avatar - if that's her - then she's still a young pup ....

What are you feeding her and how much and how often?? And why do you thinks it's not right??

Luka barely ate for the first few days when i brought him home! now he eats like i never feed him. it will surprise you when they do get settled. but like stated, make sure you're feeding the right amount. i fed luka too much at first and it was NOT fun to clean up. haha

I'm going to catch it for this!! If she picks up some in her teeth and nibbles on it, that's pretty normal ... how do you think she should be eating??

Okay, seriously, let's talk Husky here ... she's new to your home and that's going to affect her appetite, if she's not comfortable then she's not going to eat as much as most think she should. Aaaand on that topic, how much do you think she should be eating, Husky's tend to eat a lot less than most people think they should for their size.

How old is she? from the avatar - if that's her - then she's still a young pup ....

What are you feeding her and how much and how often?? And why do you thinks it's not right??

I think she should be eating more than one or two bites each feeding session. We feed her morning, noon, and night. She's a month and 4 weeks old. I don't have expectations, I just want to be sure she's eating healthy. She's eating what the breeder had her on, which is Purina. We're going to change it but wanted her settled in first.

I agree, give her some adjustment time. My first two barely ate when they got home as well. I support your decision to take her in just to be absolutely sure there isn't a cause for further concern, but understand this is a huge adjustment for the little one. She just got taken away from the only family she has known, new home, no siblings, and strange humans. Good luck and I hope everything turns out to be fine

Dogs, and Husky's in particular, are amazing animals.

You'll get the vet check tomorrow so mention the low appetite, but don't be surprised if he isn't too concerned about it. One of the lines you'll see floating around here goes something like "You aren't going to find a healthy dog, dead from starvation next to a full food bowl!" For various and very sundry reasons dogs will just not eat, sometimes for a meal or two, sometimes for a day or two - it's not something to worry about unless they start to lose weight / body mass.

And, even though I feed my adult dogs Purina Dog Chow ( cost / availability ) gradually wean him over to a better puppy diet.

Snow's appt. went well :) She got the pill that kills fleas in 30 minutes and then tomorrow she will get a dose of vectra. Started on heartworm meds and is also on hookworm meds... pesky buggers :/ But everyone there was in LOVE with her. I'm not surprised :D

I'll add more vet pics later.

575047_10151145161864008_957616091_n.jpg

Snow's appt. went well :) She got the pill that kills fleas in 30 minutes and then tomorrow she will get a dose of vectra. Started on heartworm meds and is also on hookworm meds... pesky buggers :/ But everyone there was in LOVE with her. I'm not surprised :D

I'll add more vet pics later.

575047_10151145161864008_957616091_n.jpg

She's very cute!!! more pics =)