feeling guilty

Its so hot here I darent take the dogs out. Storm can barely move.

People keep saying "take them out early morning or evening" but I cant. Alex goes to work at 5or6 in the morning and I cant leave the kids alone in the house. By the time I get back from the school run its too hot, in fact its too hot to take one with me.

ANd this week especially im working 6 out of 7 evenings, so neither of us can walk them then either.

We have a rather large back garden that they dont use very often, this morning they had a play in the long grass (alex hasnt mown it). Tonight alex is going to take them out in it.

But i feel so guilty, it just seems theres not much I can do at the moment. I just have to judge things on a daily basis..

Don't feel guilty Louise - we do what we can. When it gets too hot here the only time they go out for long walks is over weekends - they sleep most of the day and then play in the pool or their splash pool in the late afternoon, or chase each other around the yard or wrestle in the house. They find ways to get rid of the extra energy quite well :rolleyes:

Don't feel guilty you are being responsible and during this hot weather their energy levels are alot less ... I agree it is hard as my lot are flat to the floor in the hall the coolest place :)

A play in the garden when cooler is just as good as a walk :) all they want is to spend time with you a d they can then pace themselves

I am exactly the same! I feel bad but they have been out in the garden eating ice lollies, being watered down and sticking to the shade! It's not always convenient to take them out early morning or late in an evening but as long as they are getting love and attention that is all that matters at the minute! At least you're not taking them out in the middle of the day for walks like I have seen sooo many people doing grrr, but thats for another thread! Don't feel guilty!