Does your Husky like to swim?

LittleLuka

My apartment has a pool. While Luka and I were on a lovely evening stroll we went around the pool. Next thing i know, he has jumped into the pool and is casually swimming around. I of course freak out and get him. :rolleyes:

Anyone else have a husky who likes to swim?

Here's the spoiled brat after his swim. He's in the bathtub because he likes to chill in there. haha weirdo.

post-7406-13586047033254_thumb.jpg

Wouldn't go near water but couple of sticks changed his mind. Went for a swim himself, and loves jumping through ponds. But is also super-hyper at home after he's wet (same after bath) and eeeeverything gets wet. :) good for his disease and in summer though, the swimming I mean.

Edited by simhauu

My old husky Dakota loved our ponds. It helps that his best friend was a lab. He paddled with the same beautiful gait. When he would get out, he would have a 4 inch strip down the middle of his back that was dry. One time when we lived in town, I caught him because he tried swimming through a run off pond. He didn't think that I would come after him. God, and I miss those days. I hope my new little girl likes swimming too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

My two love to go paddling in a lake but never go beyond the tops of their legs. However, Ollie was out for a walk the other day and saw a fish whilst paddling so decided to wait for the fish to come back and because fishy took so long to come back he sat down in the water to wait. When he got out front end all nice and dry and fluffy, back end all wet and skinny. Looked like two halves of different dogs stuck together.

My lot like running in ankle deep water. They will wade if encouraged but won't swim unless by accident. Example. Peppa walked out onto the flat surface of the canal thinking it was solid.. Togo was running across the beach towards rocks in shallow water and hit a deep pool, it was that big he had to swim out. Safi stumbled (ive no idea how!?) into the canal once and had to be rescued as she was being drawn under the water because she was next to the lock. Fortunately being on lead helped. Loki.. Never..lol. Loki is definitely not a water babe

Bart avoids water, hates baths, doesn't like his pool, and hates if he sees me with the hose! I had to spray him down the other day as it was 90 degrees here and he insisted on being on the deck in the yard, thus the hose came out and he was hosed off. He was not pleased and now stays in if its hot :D