Now, and when at school: tell me your most used/remembered sayings/catchphrases.

Mollys_mum

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does 'Go Go Power Rangers' count??

Absolutely, Dave!:D

Lol! I remember when my eldest son was about 6 or 7 years of age; he and his friends would charge around the house shouting that catch phrase out in a manner that was proud n loud...:groan:

It seems to go on for years before something new came along to replace it. I think Lion O might have been the replacement thinking about it.:S

We took quite some words over from the English language but since I'm at college myself it's kinda hard noticing them as they're used in every day's language :rolleyes: But the one I participially find funny is people actually saying "lol" out loud all the time. Makes no sense to me, especially when said with a straight face :rolleyes:

We partially love borrowing swearing words/sentences from other languages and actively use it every time, but I won't go into that :P

Itchy chin!!!! You legend! Lol

I think most of the ones I used as a kid have been said apart from the welsh slang ones we used to use. The only other ones I can remember using are:

"massive small" as in to say something was tiny

Or

"thinking your beckham!" As to imply that the person thought they had great footie skills

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

The only ones I can think of at the moment, but nowadays we say things like (at least where I live)

:

That's sick! (That's awesome or totally cool!)

[That's] Epic! (same as above)

Owned! [or Pwned!] (You got beaten badly by someone, something, or by a certain situation)

my eldest son introduced me to one I didn't know that has apparently been around here in the UK for a long time...'shotgunned'. It refers to an item being claimed or owned. He wobbled on about it for ages as he couldn't believe that I had never heard of it in the context he was using.

Anyway, the next morning I found an opportunity to try it out. He was slinking around and lurking in the kitchen, probably trying to figure out who had swipped his pizza out of the fridge.:whistling: I suddenly proclaimed, 'By the way, you know that pizza in the fridge? I shotgunned it - I did shout upstairs to let you know but I guess you must have been asleep.'

His girlfriend grinned and said to him, 'sweetie, I think you've just been owned!'

:P