What aspect of you does your huskies represent?

Synphny

A discussion between friends came up and the idea of dogs and their owners have similar or even the same personalities. My personal take on it however is that after several years with my 2 rescues I found that each of mine represents a certain aspects of my personality but in a more pronounce way.

But if you combine my 2 rescues you wouldn't necessary know who I am. After this realization I was compelled to look at those aspects and ask myself why in the world would they show those aspects of me?

The main reason I wanted an answer was one of the more pronounce aspect they choose to show is something that I don't like about myself and I try extremely hard to not show it.

Before any question are raised of whether or not they were like this before I adopted them I can honestly say no. Neither of them exhibited those personality traits before I adopted them or even after about a year with me.

So my question to the rest of the forum is that what aspect(s) of you does your husky or huskies represent and why do you think they choose those aspects to show to the rest of the world.

great post, got me thinking :) I started another post <part of my research> about this, and drew a conclusion that "like dog like owner" is not really a myth ;) however dogs don't always represent a bad aspect of us. They can represent the good ones too ;) I have just had Dime for almost two years now but I came to realize that he has grown to be a doggie version of me O_O in fact, he brought out some good personalities of mine that I always thought as a bad trait x)

the GOOD ones:

1) unwillingness to ferociously retaliate to any form of attacks. The saying "an eye for an eye" is not listed in our dictionary ;) it's good to be level-headed :up:

2) continuous attempts to maintain a good relationship with people (or dogs LOL) that we don't get along with. Or in other words, we always try to stay out of trouble and be nice to people no matter how much we hate them. If we don't like someone we'd rather to walk out the door rather than confront them :) this is one of those traits that I never realized was a good one. When I see how much Diamond tried to tolerate my neighbor's husky (that I often care for) just because I adore the little puppy, I start to understand that this is a nice personality. This is how I told myself: HEY I do have a nice side! :D and this is pretty much how my fluffy guy helped me to raise my confidence and cure me from (light) depression

the BAD ones

1) shyness and aloofness from strangers. Unless they talked to us first we won't start any conversation

2) overly passive behavior

3) extreme stubbornness :P :P :P

4) the most obvious one: laziness LOL

Edited by mydiamond

I don't know if it is a trait picked up from us, but:

Ozzy is a husky that needs his own space and does not like anyone to invade it unless invited - like me.

Micah on the other hand is very affectionate and loves being around, and interacting with other people 24/7 - like my husband

Now that I think about it - it is rather strange :eek: Ozzy is considered my husky and Micah my husbands, just because they have chosen us - Ozzy is always at my feet and Micah within arms reach of my husband (for cuddles :))

Very interesting .............

I'm not sure if Luna has picked this up from me or not but it is a trait we both share. At times we both prefer our own space & once we've had enough we retract back in to our own little world. When we meet old friends we have a whale of a time but it takes a while to warm to new ones......spooky!

After reading some of the post it is interesting to note from my point of view at least that most of the traits that our little ones pick up on are the more passive but are used more often.

And Olivia one of dime's positive aspect is to not retaliate is the one aspect that I wish my 2 would have because that is the one trait that I dislike them showing is that they show no mercy to other dogs in their retaliation. They are very slow to anger but once they do the other dog(s) needs to run for the hills.

The same goes for Cat's too. xD

Niko and I- Both get way overexcited. Smart as a whip. Very social. Stubborn as hell. Handsome. :cool:

Simon and Vince- Laze about. Talkative with people they know, yet shy around strangers. Clingy. Handsome. LOL

Ashes and Mark- (Vince's brother and her original owner) Attitude/bitchiness, yet loving when they want to be. Anger problems. Quiet and demanding.

Ruffles and I- Strange and hard to pinpoint. Extremely lovable.

Jade and Vince- Shyness, again. Tendency to run and hide. Clingy when with people they know.

Alucard and I- Loves everyone. Talkative. Will stay in a crowd no matter who or what is around. Willingness to try new things.

Emm and I- Hyper, loving, playful, curious.

Emm and Vince- Skittish, yet loving. Not so much a people person but adaptable to anything if given a little bit of time.

Edited by Duremite

• 2 weeks later...

I've had Ariel for about 7 years now and I've never really thought about how one's pets can reflect their owner's personality. Thinking about it, however, Ariel has an extremely passive personality at home which is similar to mine. She loves anyone that is affectionate--as do I. She always wants the people she cares about the most to give her attention which is a trait that very few people know I have for obvious reasons. And finally, my family members have said many times that Ariel seems to have a slightly bad attitude sometimes, kind of like she's the princess and she's too good for simple games like fetch or playing with a bouncy ball. You throw a ball so she can go get it, she'll look at you and walk the other way...In some ways I may be the same also. I may not like to admit it but I can act like a bit of a princess sometimes. It's funny how she picked up on that.