uploading pics

kelvo79

profile pic and avatar can be found in general settings :) before uploading make sure the pic's size is not too big. Download an image resizer program just to be safe. To upload a pic <when you're creating a thread> you can click "manage attachments" down below and click "add files" on the top right corner of the new page you're taken to. Click "select files", select all the pics you would like to upload and click "upload files". Then, go back to the tab where you were creating the thread. Finish writing the text, click "post thread" and you're all set :) but if you'd like the pic to pop up between texts, place your cursor where you want the pic to show up (before creating the thread) and click the scroll-like icon above the big white blank page where you write texts. There should be a list of file names there. Just choose which file you want to upload in your cursor's position and click "post thread" after you're done :up:

I understand that this might be vague so don't be shy to ask some more questions! ;)

oh lets add some more infos.. to upload pics as a reply to a thread, click "go advanced" so that more options will become visible. After that everything will be pretty much the same as uploading pics when you're about to create a new thread ;)

profile pic and avatar can be found in general settings :) before uploading make sure the pic's size is not too big. Download an image resizer program just to be safe. To upload a pic <when you're creating a thread> you can click "manage attachments" down below and click "add files" on the top right corner of the new page you're taken to. Click "select files", select all the pics you would like to upload and click "upload files". Then, go back to the tab where you were creating the thread. Finish writing the text, click "post thread" and you're all set :) but if you'd like the pic to pop up between texts, place your cursor where you want the pic to show up (before creating the thread) and click the scroll-like icon above the big white blank page where you write texts. There should be a list of file names there. Just choose which file you want to upload in your cursor's position and click "post thread" after you're done :up:

I understand that this might be vague so don't be shy to ask some more questions! ;)

I am having major problems too. I have followed your instructions above and it keeps saying file not uploaded or something similar, I am getting so angry with my laptop and camera right now. I know it is something I am doing wrong - I just don't know what.

ok let's leave the crappy last-minute instructions above.. Maybe a more detailed instructions would help

Firstly, click the "manage attachments" button in the "additional options" box, below the blank page where you type texts. Make sure the file you're about to upload is not too big and has a "recognizable" extension.

Next up, welcome to the new tab. Click the mini "add files" button on the top right hand corner. Pretty easy to find IMO there's no missing it

Clicked it? Good. You should see a blank box with the "select files" button below it. Click it.

Now you should see a window that shows your computer's documents. The easy way to upload multiple files is to block them all and click "open" (I'm on Safari in Macbook btw)

Aha! There you go, your files listed in the previously blank window. Now beside "select files" you have other options which is "upload files" and "clear list". Click "upload files". Wait until the loading process finishes. After the loading's done you'll be able to see a thumbnail of the pic showed up in both the "attachments" box down below and the "home" box in the center. After you see the thumbnail, go back to the first tab where you were creating your thread.

Now you'll be able to see a list of file names under the "manage attachments" button that you previously clicked. This is how you know that all of the files you wanted to upload has uploaded well. You can just click "submit new thread" right now if you wish, but there's an optional additional step

Beside the smiley icon (the smiling yellow marble LOL) you'll see a white scroll-like icon. Click the down arrow beside it and you'll see a list of file names. Click the one you wanted to upload and it'll show up in your cursor's current position rather than the bottom of the thread. This is useful if you wanted to tell a picture story by captioned pics or other things--like puppy growth timeline! :D

Finish the texts, click "submit new thread" and you're all set :D

i think there must be conflict between my pc and the nikon software. When I go to manage attachements and click to search for files and then the upload button it comes up with' upload of file failed' the system Nikon uses is picture town which won't let me click the upload button either. Something is happening cos I now have 3 of everything in 'my pictures' which I completely emptied onto a pen drive yesterday.

The chances are if you are trying to upload direct from your camera that the image is too large. They must be under 2mb in size to upload to the forum

try resizing your pics with this.

VSO Image Resizer, Resize Pictures, Image Converter, Photo Resizer Light

You can do them one at a time or choose a load and batch them

a Good pixel size to choose is 1000 pixels wide by 800 pixels high.

That fits the forum page just nice. :)

Edited by Andy
needed to change numbers

I think you have solved it guys thanks. I've used a rubbish picture as a test. going off to find more now to prove it. I think there was a compatibility issue too but I have switched it all to the Nikon system so a combination ???

post-3317-13586049774676_thumb.jpg

I have a Nikon P510 and other than resizing the 16mpx images down from 5meg average size to a few hundred kilobytes

I don't have any compatablity issues.

Is it possible that in your camera settings you've set the camera to record in a non-standard format such as RAW or TIFF

something that the forum doesn't recognise ?

Mine is set to record as JPEGs and I have no problems.

I have a Nikon P510 and other than resizing the 16mpx images down from 5meg average size to a few hundred kilobytes

I don't have any compatablity issues.

Is it possible that in your camera settings you've set the camera to record in a non-standard format such as RAW or TIFF

something that the forum doesn't recognise ?

Mine is set to record as JPEGs and I have no problems.

no it is JPEG too, I have come to the conclusion that it is me that isn't compatible with technology.

no it is JPEG too, I have come to the conclusion that it is me that isn't compatible with technology.

LOL. . . yeah, (Occams razor) "the simplest explanation is usually correct." :P