potty training

Sheriff&&Kava

I need some help with our new pup. We cant seem to get her to understand she cant potty in the house.

I know its only been a week since We adopted her but it seems to be getting worse. Ive looked over some other threads and tried somethings but nothing is helping.

We make sure she goes out at least once every two hours unless everyone is asleep then she maybe has to wait four. I have tried the taking the towel and putting it outside and if she poos doing the same thing.

But she will come back from being outside and potty in the house right away.

Were thinking about getting her into some puppy classes. We are also having a problem with her biting and jumping.

Sheriff never gave us any of these problems.. So any advise would help. Thanks! =]

Potty training was one thing I did not look forward to with Zoya. But she was a dream. Here's what we did to train her.

We took her out once every hour to hour and a half. When she pottied outside, we praised her. If she made a mistake and pottied in the house, there was no scolding, no yelling. One would immediately take her outside, while the other cleaned the mishap.

After play, we'd take her out. About five minutes after eating, we'd take her out. At night, she slept in a crate and I set my alarm to WAKE me every two hours, and out we would go.

Be consistent, that's the key. After two weeks, Zoya was fairly well trained.

Sent from my HTC with forumrunner.

Potty training was one thing I did not look forward to with Zoya. But she was a dream. Here's what we did to train her.

We took her out once every hour to hour and a half. When she pottied outside, we praised her. If she made a mistake and pottied in the house, there was no scolding, no yelling. One would immediately take her outside, while the other cleaned the mishap.

After play, we'd take her out. About five minutes after eating, we'd take her out. At night, she slept in a crate and I set my alarm to WAKE me every two hours, and out we would go.

Be consistent, that's the key. After two weeks, Zoya was fairly well trained.

Ahh.. Thank you so much Mazz.. i agree its the consistency that will work for her.. But no one in my house seems like they want to do anything else but yell at her when she does wrong.

I will set my alarm and see how that works. We dont put her in the crate at night. I love the feeling of having my babies sleep next to me at night.

I tried keeping Bart in a crate at night and all he did was howl, so on the third night we brought him to our room with a wee-wee pad. He would use the wee-wee pad at first then once he was getting into the habit of going outside and getting a reward for potty we started waking me up. He still gets me up once or twice at night and was trained fairly quickly.

Just remember accidents happen. Don't yell or punished the pup for accidents and always praise when she goes outside. She'll get it, huskies can be hard to housebreak. Make sure you have a feeding schedule and you should be able to get a potty schedule down.

Ahh.. Thank you so much Mazz.. i agree its the consistency that will work for her.. But no one in my house seems like they want to do anything else but yell at her when she does wrong.

I will set my alarm and see how that works. We dont put her in the crate at night. I love the feeling of having my babies sleep next to me at night.

Yelling at her when she potties in the house, only serves to make her think that going potty ANYWHERE is bad, and it will make potty training a never-ending ordeal. Tell everyone to remain calm and stop yelling. If she makes a mistake, calmly and gently take her outside. She's not stupid, but she is a puppy. Good luck.

You may find the spot she uses, and take her back repeatedly.. We have a place in our yard that has been named poop alley.. If we take her there she does her business every time. She will pee anywhere in the yard. Like others have said,be consistent. Give her treats when she gets it right.. Limit her to a small space, and she will most likely not go there because it is where she lives. My little girl hasn't mastered it yet, but she won't go in her crate or her outdoor kennel.. As soon as you get her out of the small space,(back porch, large bathroom) take her out.. I don't leave her in the crate all day or anything, I just watch her like a hawk.....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2