Interesting article on the misconceptions of kibble

aronoiiel

Orijen is a great food but it is not well price anywhere where i'm at. And before you go thinking im cheap i don't mind paying $50.00 for a bag of food, but its around $70.00 here and that's slightly crazy. Taste of the Wild may not be the best but it is highly rated and affordable.

Unfortunately for me, I've been feeding Luka TOTW and if i feed him anymore than 2 cups he gets sick. I also feel like he's steadily getting slimmer. I may have to change foods. I've been thinking about Fromms.

I feed my Suka TOTW, and although I know its not nearly as good as feeding him a raw diet...I'm not made of money and I buy the best I can afford for him.

Although, every week or so he does get a raw meal...so that's better than nothing, right!?

lol I didn't post it because of their issue with TOTW I thought they just had some very valid points on alot of the misconceptions people have as far as the ingredient list and percentage of protein and such in kibble. I don't have issues with TOTW I used to feed it to my kids and loved it :) Just thought they brought up some valid points about kibble in general

To be honest I thought the fact they were picking on TOTW didn't make much sense it sounds more like they have problems with Diamond as a company and just singled that brand out for whatever reason. I don't like the fact they also push Orijen as a better food as they both have their own respective benefits and I don't really see how one is necessarily "better" than the other. Kinda why I was hesitant to post it because it is VERY opinionated but still very valid points I wouldn't have thought off initially as a first time kibble feeder

I read it and found my response to it was mostly "well, duh!" But then, this is basically a blog culminating much of the information available from assorted websites, and it's stuff I've researched to death.

So for those who haven't spent hours poring over buttloads of information I think it's a great summary of what to expect. Mainly that "grain-free" does not mean "all meat" - it's just the choice of fillers they use, and the importance of knowing the difference between a pure meat source and meat meal (with water weight already removed).

I read it and found my response to it was mostly "well, duh!" But then, this is basically a blog culminating much of the information available from assorted websites, and it's stuff I've researched to death. So for those who haven't spent hours poring over buttloads of information I think it's a great summary of what to expect. Mainly that "grain-free" does not mean "all meat" - it's just the choice of fillers they use, and the importance of knowing the difference between a pure meat source and meat meal (with water weight already removed).
That was exactly my reaction too! I have also done extensive research into kibble, I feed my boy on Orijen but never did i think that it was 80% pure meat. The ingredient clearly state other fillers which are mainly vegetables - as many Huskies don't take well to grain in their diet, potato as a filler is better than grain. Next year when i get my new puppy, i will continue to feed Orijen but feed Raw on the weekend. Maybe once i am more confident in my knowledge with RAW feeding i may decide to feed only Raw.