Introducing my self and the pack.. and also the missus.

PanicAcid

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You don't get to be a forum with better than 8,000 members scattered over most of the world by being offensive or stuck-up (( okay, so sometimes I'm offensive ... )) I don't think I've ever taken part in anything with a group of people who I'd like to see in person more than I have with this group here.

I've visited a few of the "well,you have to do it this way!" and for some reason I don't last more than a couple of days there. This place is home to a lot of us ... so kick back, put your feet up on the coffee table, call the cat <whatever>, and just go with the flow - which you seem to be doing amazingly well.

:wave: Welcome to the pack! :up: Tehya and Pheonix are both gorgeous! Congratulations on rescuing Pheonix! I have not encountered this problem with the steps before, but I would use treats for positive association as well as toys-does he like toys such as balls etc, to chase? I read in your post that he follows and sort of mimics Tehya, you may be able ot use that to your advantage as well-have her and yourself or just her go up the stairs, and have treats in hand if he follows and wants to be like big sister going up the stairs, give him treats and praise. If he sees her going up and down the stairs enough, he will see it as not so bad, terrifying. Just a thought. :)

welcome to husky owners! i also crate my Luka along with the majority of other members! i prefer to have him cuddle in my bed at night but while im at work he plays in his crate. Don't worry about anyone judging you! Everyone has different training methods that work for them! Your furbabies are beautiful! They look like a lot of fun! ;)

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here. I've enjoyed reading your into and post throughout this thread and oh your dogs are so lovely. This forum is really great, there's tons of friendly people with advice, personal experience, tips, trick and what have you. Like has been mentioned above we are a rather understanding bunch, tend not to judge but rather share what works or doesn't work for us. So fee free to post, as long as you continue to be respectful you'll be given respect. That's what makes this place so great.

Ahhh the stair issue, brings back memories of when we first got Kuma. He was approx 6 months at the time and not a fan of stairs at all and we have 3 sets in the house. It just takes a little time and patience. If you can find treas he like that will help tons. If not just continue to coax him and encourage him one step at a time. something i did with Kuma was sit a couple of steps up and well I had a treat but you can just encourage him to come up the steps. If he'll slowly start coming up them just continue to sit a few steps up until you reach the top then repeat with going down. Hopefully soon he'll be bounding up and down them all on his own. You said he tends to learn from watching your other dog, Kuma is the same and learns from my pit bull Koopa. Maybe watching your other dog along with treats (when you find what he likes lol) and lots of encouragement he'll figure it out. Good luck with the stair issue :D

Again glad to have you on the forum!

Sorry if my opening line was a little condescending no harm intended. I may pre defend some actions as I'm used to the usual "You keep your dog in a cage? well that's just cruel" etc. etc. also not used to sharing stuff like that and worried some people may think it's cruel, barbaric or idiotic etc.

no worries :up: I know some sites can be a little unfriendly :( but not H-O ;)

well my turn to say welcome to the best forum in the world :) i read your post and im happy your a loyal husky owner and no your huskies! usally me or al jones are the first ones to be blunt lol so a very big welcome! i myself have 2 rescues and i seem to find one helps the other i also walk with brian brown from here so my pair have alot of interaction with oter dogs/huskies and my lady has really come out of her shell brians dogs have taught mine to be more confdent alot quicker than i could well to get to the point well done for giving a young boy a good home! and your beautiful girl should teach him the ways of home including going up the stairs and hopefully see you at husky camp???

welcome panic, this place is awesome. Stair wise, Storm does okay at my house (max of 4 stairs), and when we go to my mother's house there's a big stairwell. storm was nervous and a little whiny at first, but after watching us walk up and down them he kinda gets the hang of it (she moved out yesterday and we are taking the house soon! i'm stoked). so, just keep them at it. and soon you won't be able to keep up on stairs lol.