poor lennox :(

I wouldn't want to know how she feels - it must hurt awful! Breed Specific legislation is, in my opinion, a load of BS.

Should an owner be aware that this breed or that have tendencies that are not good ( such as Husky's running ) - of course; but that shouldn't mean that ever dog who is on some legislatures list should be put down.

Curiosity, was she given the opportunity to rehome him? Could she have rehomed him with the legislation as it exists there?

If this is the same dog I'm thinking of he isn't even a pit bull he is a mix breed that just happens to look like a pit bull type. I remember hearing of his story a while back and am very sad at this final ruling :'(

according to this video he is an American bulldog cross Lab but due to his looks and measurements he could be classified as a pit bull type. They said he has become unpredictible around strangers. Well Am. bulldogs are very loyal and protective of their owners. Had the dog been left in the responsible hands of those he loved he would have been fine ... This utterly sickens me it really does...

R.I.P. Lennox, may your life live in through your story and may it somehow help fight against the ignorance of fear and breed discrimination ...

Edited by Paranormal Wolf

If this is the same dog I'm thinking of he isn't even a pit bull he is a mix breed that just happens to look like a pit bull type. I remember hearing of his story a while back and am very sad at this final ruling :'(

according to this video he is an American bulldog cross Lab but due to his looks and measurements he could be classified as a pit bull type. They said he has become unpredictible around strangers. Well Am. bulldogs are very loyal and protective of their owners. Had the dog been left in the responsible hands of those he loved he would have been fine ... This utterly sickens me it really does...

R.I.P. Lennox, may your life live in through your story and may it somehow help fight against the ignorance of fear and breed discrimination ...

yes this is Lennox. poor boy. hes stiil alive at present.

yes this is Lennox. poor boy. hes stiil alive at present.

The ruling just rips my heart out, it really does. Its stories like this that really make me think the war on breed discrimination will never be won. I'll never stop fighting against it but sometimes its really hard to keep faith in humanity when we're killing mans best friend on a daily basis ...

The ruling just rips my heart out, it really does. Its stories like this that really make me think the war on breed discrimination will never be won. I'll never stop fighting against it but sometimes its really hard to keep faith in humanity when we're killing mans best friend on a daily basis ...

mine too :( he has a 12 year old best friend and they wont even allow her to say goodbye :(

I had read she was heartbroken when they took Lennox away and now they can't even let her say goodbye to her best friend... that is shameful!

I know, and this is all because of what he looks like. and they cant let him go because they would be admitting they had made a mistake :(

what a sad story. I agree with whats been said but at the end of the day if its a banned breed type what else can be done? They say that it hasnt bit anyone, but does that mean we all have to wait around until it does. These laws were passed because of attacks in the past relating to specific breeds (cos of crappy owners or not)..If it is known that it is a banned type dog why get it in the first place?

I do hope that there is a happy compromise on the horizon :(

what a sad story. I agree with whats been said but at the end of the day if its a banned breed type what else can be done? They say that it hasnt bit anyone, but does that mean we all have to wait around until it does. These laws were passed because of attacks in the past relating to specific breeds (cos of crappy owners or not)..If it is known that it is a banned type dog why get it in the first place?

I do hope that there is a happy compromise on the horizon :(

He is an American bulldog cross Labrador, not a pit bull, so he is not one of the targeted breeds. His cross just makes him appear slightly pit bull like. He has never shown any hint of aggression, and he was taken from his home after authorities spotted him while visiting the family home on a completely unrelated matter. Unfortunately if he had been out on a walk at the time, or had happened to be asleep in another room and didn't come to greet (and be fussed by!) these strangers in his home he'd never have been taken away. Being a specific breed (which Lennox is not) should not mean an automatic death sentence. I very much agree with "Deed not breed".

looking at it from another angle if you legalise the breed will the cases of Dog fighting (which is a very real occurence) rise.. When i took the bird into st helens i was talking to some not right who said his previous phone had been seized cos of pictures on there. he then went on to show me pics (a gorgeous looking dog btw) of his uncles dog and went on to tell me how it was pumped with steroids, ran forever on a tread mill and bizarrely had £20.000 diamond tipped teeth! which apparently causes more flesh damage.. fookin numpty grrr

looking at it from another angle if you legalise the breed will the cases of Dog fighting (which is a very real occurence) rise.. When i took the bird into st helens i was talking to some not right who said his previous phone had been seized cos of pictures on there. he then went on to show me pics (a gorgeous looking dog btw) of his uncles dog and went on to tell me how it was pumped with steroids, ran forever on a tread mill and bizarrely had £20.000 diamond tipped teeth! which apparently causes more flesh damage.. fookin numpty grrr

I personally don't believe it would. People who fight their dogs obviously have no respect for what is illegal and what is not, so whether the breed they use is permitted or not won't make a difference. No one is going to sit there and go "Yay, now the breed is legal I can get one and do something illegal with it", if that was their mentality they would get one of the dogs anyway because they wouldn't care that it's illegal. And authorities would still be able to enforce the dog fighting laws by looking for the types of dogs suited up as you described - they would be looking for actually signs of dog fighting and aggression, rather than picking on any and all dogs, mostly innocent, because of their appearance. We've managed to tackle prejudice like this in humans, we definitely need to expand this idea into dogs.

There are numerous reasons why breed specific legislation doesn't work. Most people that own the few human aggressive pit bull type dogs and those involved in dog fighting are criminal to begin with so banning a breed will hardly phase them. They will either continue dealing with the illegal breed as their activities are illegal to begin with or move on to another breed until it is also banned. This leaves behind the responsible owners who will sadly have to comply with the legislation and their family pets will most likely die in the end. In most areas that have banned pit bull type dogs the number of dog bites hasn't decreased at all and some even see a rise in the amount of dog bites from "family breeds". Dog bites tend to correlate with a breeds popularity. The more popular the breed the more bites from said breed. So if golden retrievers were more popular than pit bulls we would see more bites from goldens than pits and people would assume goldens are aggressive dogs. I could go on and on and on about this subject but I wont lol but here is one of the many links out there about why bsl just doesn't work

Dangerous Dog Policies and Breed Specific Legislation : The Humane Society of the United States