Chihuahua added to dangerous dog registry

Ravenwolf

Bahahaha! Well done, says I! Any dog who attacks unprovoked - regardless of size - should be considered a dangerous dog and subjected to the rules dictated by law. The owner's dismissal of her dog's aggression based purely on size infuriates me, and I'm glad the City stuck to their guns and put the dog on the list anyway. Eight-pound Chihuahua on dangerous dog registry

I was once "attacked" by a pomeranian who slipped out of the house on its owner, and the owner even cried out a warning to stop when I leaned down to shove the dog off me rather than kick it like the fluffy football it resembled. She told me that it bites even as she was apologizing and my furious response to her was "if this was a German shepherd would you tolerate this kind of behaviour?" She gaped at me and I walked into my house without waiting for a response.

An interesting sidenote: there are 15 (now 16) dogs on the registry in Windsor, and the biggest representation by breed is huskies, with 3 of them.

This goes to show the mentality that little dog owners can often have, and the attitude of people in general towards little dogs' behaviour - the owners were surprised that their dog, who attacked three people and managed to bit at least one of them, would be classed as dangerous. If this was one of us we'd probably be fighting to stop our dog being put down!!

I'm also glad to hear this as I also believe any dog of any size can be dangerous. I just don't understand 90% of small dog owners who act as if just because their dog is small it can't cause harm. I don't let Tenchi my pekingese get away with anything I wouldn't let my big dogs do. All my dogs are spoiled rotten but Tenchi receives no special attention just because he is 16 pounds vs 45 and 80.