storm and other huskies

joshmp5

So, we've been taking Storm to the dog park and he's socializing very well. there's a couple leg humping issues (which is kinda funny to watch lol) but we stop him when he does it. He's very good with people and other dogs and he has started playing more. Now, my question is this..

aren't huskies usually going to play or want to be around more huskies? there was another one there today, a 2-3 year old male that was just a little bigger (storm doesn't care about bigger or smaller he usually plays with anyone), and very well mannered and was activly playing with the other dogs that were there, but storm didn't want to play with him lol. there's been a couple huskies there that he didn't really want to play with. am i over thinking this? lol i like to be very strict about how storm gets socialized and i think i'm doing a good job (we get compliments on how well behaved and good he is with people and other dogs everywhere we go)

Well my question is this, has Storm ever play with another husky before? Also I notice that most huskies can be very playful with all dogs and some like mine will choose who they consider a "pack member" to play with. Or maybe it will take some time for Storm to warm up to the other huskies to get them to play with him.

I agree with what everyone has said here.

I took Panda to the dog park and there were like 3-4 huskies, each of them were playing separately with other dogs and pretty much just running around and the other dogs would follow, kinda funny to watch,