"Life's Crueler with Iams"

Elyse

Some sources are from PETA, so I don't know how accurate it is...but really, IAMS!?

WARNING: GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING!

IAMS and animal testing

IamsCruelty.com >> Videos

(And another video is the above doesn't work:

)

PETA TV:Iams: A Recipe for Cruelty

IamsCruelty.com >> An Iams Gallery of Misery

Uncaged Campaigns: IAMS news

http://www.uncaged.co.uk/news/2005/iams.htm

While some of the news articles mentions the Iditarod as being cruel, I personally have no experience with the event and I'm not sure if dogs actually die out there (certainly some must get injured but..)

So, what's your opinion? Is Iams an 'evil' company that practices animal cruelty, or is PETA simply overdoing things again?

PeTA is so anti companion animal its not even funny. Our companions they see as our 'slaves' and we 'oppress' them into lives of sadness by being with us. PeTA has gone to dog shows to poison the dogs purely because dead is better than being a slave to humans. Take anything that they say with a grain of salt. I do not believe in animal testing at all, but I also do not believe in harming animals in the name of 'doing good' or blowing up buildings when it suits me either. Most of the animals they 'save' leave in garbage bags to be dumped in random dumpsters and landfills when their massive freezer fills up. Multiple PeTA members have been arrested dumping animal bodies in store dumpsters, animals that would have been adoptable if they had the chance. Their death rate from last year, a whopping 95%.

Peta Kills Animals

Peta, unfortunately is all about money, and nothing do with animal rights. They are in a position to do a lot of good, but with money as their sole motivator - they have turned into the piranhas of the animal rights world, and do more harm than good.

I personally would not believe a word they say, because of their shocking track record. By slating Iams, you can be sure there is something in it for them financially.

I realize how horrible PETA's track record is, I'm just curious if the story was true or not. I haven't seen any news articles about this issue, and I'm pretty sure if it was true the news would be all over it. They like 'scandals' like that.

Anyone else want to voice their opinion?

Hmm not sure if any of this is reliable but found these two things

INVESTIGATION EXPOSES CRUELTY AT IAMS LAB? - Yahoo! Answers

Animal Studies: The Truth About the Animal Activist Video You May Have Seen

This link has a good explanation looks like this video was from 9yrs or so ago and the situation was addressed then

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/i/iams.htm

I have to side with the other comments here - PETA has gone so far out on the "side of the animals" that it's beyond ludicrous. As a result, when someone starts a sentence with "PETA said that ..." I automatically turn it off.

If PETA had their way, we'd all be vegetarians, wear no clothing manufactured from leather, ride no horses, have no pets ... I'm sorry they can't see the good they could be doing because of the extreme to which they've degenerated.

As for the accuracy of their claims, I have no idea. I accept the Iditarod race is a rough venue, animals die - hell, people die! But it's a challenge to the men and dogs who run it.

In re IAM, don't know - and since it comes from PETA - I'm really not interested in looking any further.

Edited by Al Jones

This is what the Iams company had to say about the video:

Animal Studies: The Truth About the Animal Activist Video You May Have Seen

This is an independent person who researched the accusations, and what she found seems to support Iams claim that they didn't know what was going on in the facility and they pulled the 19 dogs they had there as soon as they did.

Does Iams test on animals? Is it a good food? PETA controversy.

Regardless, my opinion of Iams is that I just don't like their food. They used to be a high quality food, but changed their recipes when they went to massive retail sales and increased the amount of cheap fillers to make it more profitable/economical for bulk sales. Regardless of the opinion of the vet in the above link, I do not like corn as a filler and will not feed it to my dogs. Iams also likes to use beet pulp, which is just a major empty filler. Nothing wrong with it persay, but it's a massive bulking product with little-to-no value for dogs. There are better, healthier fillers out there and I am willing to pay for them.

This is what the Iams company had to say about the video:

Regardless, my opinion of Iams is that I just don't like their food. They used to be a high quality food, but changed their recipes when they went to massive retail sales and increased the amount of cheap fillers to make it more profitable/economical for bulk sales. Regardless of the opinion of the vet in the above link, I do not like corn as a filler and will not feed it to my dogs. Iams also likes to use beet pulp, which is just a major empty filler. Nothing wrong with it persay, but it's a massive bulking product with little-to-no value for dogs. There are better, healthier fillers out there and I am willing to pay for them.

I agree. The vet doesn't seem to back up her assertion with any scientific data. She says if you don't use corn, you still have to use another binding agent. How does that speak to the positives of corn. She then says, "I eat corn and I am ok with my dog eating corn." Solid argument.:redface1: