Tattoos what do you have and how much did it hurt

aronoiiel

Like the title says what do you have and what would you compare the pain to? I've spent years figuring what I want, where I want it, and if I can tolerate the pain. Never gotten one before so trying to debate if I can handle the pain or not (having a ridiculously high pain tolerance I'm pretty sure I'll be fine)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My upper back, right over the spine is where my tattoo is. It's from the cover art of "our song". I wouldn't stay that it hurt at all, per se, it was more of a buzzing sensation and I went numb pretty quickly. The worst part of a tattoo, honestly, is the itching as it's healing. You can't scratch it so I remember walking down the hallway and slamming myself into walls to get some relief. lol My husband and I have had this conversation: "Just...JUST SLAP IT." "What? No. I'm not going to slap you." "Just slap it!"

:rolleyes:

If you have high pain tolerance you're going to be fine. It's not even a bee sting in pain level.

Edited by Seppun

I have 4 tattoos. My upper back, my lower right leg, my left chest area and my right forearm. My leg hurt the most, my chest the least (due to extra cushioning there). I tend to be a big baby and the tattoos didn't bother me really. I felt them but was able to talk and carry on while they were done. Its odd but I find them kind of relaxing too. I am itching for another but need to get the financing for it. ;)

• Fairy: R Calf...meh not painful really except for the tops of the wings (helpful hint, anywhere you have a lot of nerve endings comming together is going to be uncomfortable)

• Dragon that looks like a pteradactyl: middle back...meh

• Dragon wrapped around a knife: R shoulder not too bad really

• 4 Dragons: L bicep...nope didn't hurt

• Dragon Fairy thing: R forearm...yeah that one hurt a bit...again closer to the top of my arm where it would be going towards my elbow more than anywhere else

I have 6 tattoos, the one that "hurt" the most was my right ankle (right on the bone) and it was red ink which I found out I have a reaction to! lol But when I say hurt, I didn't cry out or anything, just winced a bit, then it numbed out & was OK.

Pete (Riot Chaos etc, etc) did 14 paw prints on my foot going up my shin, they were fine, tha least one was a skin rip with my Diesel's eyes looking out, that was over the spine & was quite a "nice" drilling, tingly sensation! :P

So, I have, from top to bottom: skin rip with Big D's eyes on left shoulder blade & a tiger cub on the right; a heart with Bad on my left chest area; a celtic scroll across my lower back; 14 pawprints getting bigger in size on my left foot / shin and a red 5 pointed star on my right ankle.

I want a few more, I know what I want it's just where do I put them!! I want to change the heart & Bad so will look for a cover up, but just don't want anything too big

I have 3 tattoos. One on each shoulder blade, on my right shoulder blade I have a cupcake with angel wings and a halo and on my left shoulder blade a cupcake with devil wings and a tail. And on my right lower leg I have the Winged Victory Statue. All three of my tattoos hurt....to me it felt like having a bad sunburn and scratching that sunburn really hard. Getting a tattoo hurts but not forever. I have heard just don't get a tattoo on your stomach or side.

I have 3 tattoos. One on each shoulder blade, on my right shoulder blade I have a cupcake with angel wings and a halo and on my left shoulder blade a cupcake with devil wings and a tail. And on my right lower leg I have the Winged Victory Statue. All three of my tattoos hurt....to me it felt like having a bad sunburn and scratching that sunburn really hard. Getting a tattoo hurts but not forever. I have heard just don't get a tattoo on your stomach or side.

Tummy tatts I think have the potential to be the worst overall...awww that cute lil butterfly design you had on your belly? Add old age, or pregnancy or ya know weight gain and it doesn't look like that cute lil butterfly anymore...suddenly you have attack of the fifty foot moth man preserved forever on your belleh

got one on top of foot a little frog that looks like it is sitting there my daughter made me get one on holiday cant tell you my age put give you a clue i have a bus pass it was one of those before you die things and i will tell you i thought i was gona die it felt like he was beating me with the sharp end of the chair leg i made him stop at the end and it never got finished but i want to go back on holiday and get it done if you think you might be in pain you can get cream to numb skin in uk it is called emla but not shore of spelling if thay dont know what your talking about its the cream you put on area 10- 20mins before you have an injection , my daughter got a yellow butterfly on her lower arm with her dads name while we were on same holiday in usa while we were there thay would land on him all the time her dad wanted to go away with us for one last time cos he was very sick so she now has a reminder on her arm of a fantastic holiday we had together good luck if you get one dont forget to post pics:)

Let me re-post something I wrote about my tattoos in another thread. To sum it up, they both hurt a lot...

tattoolarget.jpg

OK so this being my first, I was kind of nervous about the pain. I ate something before going and made sure I had water and coke to drink. The artist started. It wasn't bad. Suddenly (maybe after about 10-15 minutes), I started feeling really light-headed and hot... like I was going to pass out. The artist stopped. Then I started feeling sick to my stomach. I asked for a trash can and proceeded to puke up my lunch. Lesson learned- do not eat right before getting inked (at least for me). After that escapade, the artist started again. She said this reaction can happen, but only happens once and I should be fine for the rest of the tattoo experience. Guess what... she was wrong! I started feeling the same exact way again. Almost passed out. The artist said she never had someone who almost passed out twice. Made me feel really great, lol. The good news is, I drank some more coke and for the remainder of the tattooing, I was fine. It hurt the entire time though... no numbing whatsoever for me. The tattoo took about 3 hours, with the 2 pauses.

2.) scaled.php?server=15&filename=guyspicturelarge.jpg&res=landing

One would think after the experience I had getting my first tattoo, I would never get another. But I really wanted my boy inked on me for a number of reasons. Anyways, I warned my artist (a guy this time) about my reaction the first time I was inked. He sort of laughed, but said, thanks for the fair warning. He started. Went for about 3 hours straight. It hurt a lot, but no weird reactions. Then it hit... the pass out feeling. He stopped. Luckily I didn't puke this time, LOL. He told me he was about 10 minutes from finshing. I was ticked... I had almost made it through without taking a break, lol. He started up again about 10 minutes later and finished.

Both of my tattoos healed fine. I used cream (lubriderm unscented) but over-moisturized them and broke out in a rash, lol. Both times. So cream, but don't over-cream. I also washed both tattoos with ivory soap and water about 3-4 times a day for the first 1-2 weeks.

All-in-all, I'd do it again. :D

Edited by PnkFlyd204
spelling

Tummy tatts I think have the potential to be the worst overall...awww that cute lil butterfly design you had on your belly? Add old age, or pregnancy or ya know weight gain and it doesn't look like that cute lil butterfly anymore...suddenly you have attack of the fifty foot moth man preserved forever on your belleh

This made me laugh out loud. Thank you! :D

tattoo don't hurt at all trust me just follow some simple rules and it will be a fun time

1- take painkillers before you enter the tattoo studio and not before

2-avoid any major bones like shoulder ect

3- take entertainment like mags,ps vita,iphone ect

4-NEVER has the ink/filling in on the same session

its not painful at all but can only be compared with someone scraping your skin which goes numb after which so its pretty pain free after the initial stab. Don't think about it just book it and enjoy your time its pretty enjoyable

tattoo don't hurt at all trust me just follow some simple rules and it will be a fun time

1- take painkillers before you enter the tattoo studio and not before

Here in the states, this is a major NO NO. Pain killers thin out your blood and therefore, make you bleed more. It can cause serious health problems. I had to sign a waiver both times to verify that i had nothing in my system.

Here in the states, this is a major NO NO. Pain killers thin out your blood and therefore, make you bleed more. It can cause serious health problems. I had to sign a waiver both times to verify that i had nothing in my system.

I had to sign too, he's right BIG NO NO lol.