New puppy

Stormy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some new stuffs :D

post-2176-13586053951242_thumb.jpg

Shadow also has a few new things so that he isnt left out :) Getting a few more things over the weekend like collar / lead etc :) We have got a crate etc ready for her! The two of them will be meeting at my parents garden tomorrow as we will be driving to Robs from there as i need to pick some stuff up so Rob will be off to get the puppy whilst i drive to my mums then he will arrive later on again :) I think ill keep Shadow on the lead when puppy arrives and the same with puppy so she doesnt run off anywhere (garden is fully enclosed etc but id be worried as shes so small lol)

ONE DAY!!

Picked her up yesterday she's very playful and happy. First night in the crate was great fun! She cried quite alot then brought it upstairs and she wasn't as bad went to sleep in the end, I took her out at 3 (lots of rain :() then rob took her out at 5 then I did again at around 9 and she finally went outside!

Shadow isn't to interested in her and is getting possesive over things for example he is growling if she uses the water bowl same time as him and any toys etc. he's even a bit grumbly if she tried to cuddle up to him. I'm not use to this with shadow as he's always shared with other dogs etc and never been this way he would happily give up a toy to another dog normally so any advice on this would be great!

Pics:

85468aa8.jpg

Shadow at my mums

5c4f9fdf.jpg

de4534e2.jpg

309989a4.jpg

9a25c953.jpg

07a09319.jpg

22255d71.jpg

She needs a bath as she smells at the moment she's gonna love me lol

So far so good today they have both had chewable bones each (both soft ones) and they just keep swapping, shadow gives a slight growl if she gets to close but nothing to worry about :)

Food wise not sure how to deal with this she try's to run to shadows food when he's eating and obv he isn't to impressed with this so I hold her back but how can I deal with this to train her not to go after shadows food.

She is so cute!!! With the feeding thing maybe separate them for a while at feeding time? Not sure if this would teach her she isn't allowed shadows food when you put them both back together for feeding tho? Or maybe feed her in her crate? Hmm not sure - there's bound to be someone else on here who has a good method tho lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Yeah I'm not sure how to go about it really as I'd rather not risk her trying to get it as not sure how badly he would react

Maybe try something like - distracting her away from shadow when she goes to his food bowl and when she does come away loads of praise and a treat (more on the positive reinforcement side of it)? Hmmm I don't know if it would be a good idea for shadow to be the one to correct her with a warning growl? Does she respond to his growls (backs off or anything)? If not then that prob woundnt work lol (I'm clutching at straws now so I think I'll leave it for the professionals to answer hahaha)

Good luck tho xx

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Yay she finally went for a wee outside this morning!

Crate training not so great last night she went to the toilet all in her crate early hours of this morning. I've been taking her out every 2 hours issue is she doesn't seem to like going to the toilet outside it takes ages to get her to go.

Shadow is still a bit growly with toys and warns her off and she backs off so that's good :) she is getting brave though and takes the chewy bones from right under his nose when he isn't chewing it anymore! He however does let her do this! He also won't take anything off of her :)

Going to attempt a bath today as she stinks!

Yeah shes very cuddly but so was Shadow at that age also its only recently hes more happy to lay on his own every now and then he still has a cuddle though :)

I am abs shattered i remember why i dont like puppies now :P