Puppy Stuff

Stormy

The amount of stuff that I bought after I brought Nikko home was staggering! He has more toys that he knows what to do with, but here is what I could think of that I got:

2 collars, one small and one larger (they grow FAST!)

2 leashes, one with the traffic stop and the other a longer one for tethering

ID tag

water/food bowl

food storage container

travel food bowl

travel water bottle

furminator

flea/tick prevention

heartworm meds

crate with divider

nylabone

kong toy

LOTS of chew toys!

Canned pumpkin (for runny poo)

Poop bags or pooper scooper

Harness for car rides

Seat protector for the car

Shampoo

Deodorizing spray

Lots of training treats

Wet wipes for his dirty paws

I’m sure I am missing stuff too. I bought a bed but he tore that up in a week, and he prefers to sleep on the cold tile. I also did not get nail clippers because I don’t trust myself, so I take him to the groomer’s to have them clipped.

Lots and lots of cleaning stuff for those inevitable accidents. Nothing worse than an accident on the carpet only to find you've run out of carpet cleaning spray! Lots of dog towels and old t-shirts etc too.

oooo yes good point! lol thanks!

Lots and lots of cleaning stuff for those inevitable accidents. Nothing worse than an accident on the carpet only to find you've run out of carpet cleaning spray! Lots of dog towels and old t-shirts etc too.

I forgot all about that lol. I went through 3 bottles of stuff when I was potty training!

i'm on bottle number 3 for the carpet cleaner! i'm so ready for this to be over with but it's less every day. THANK GOODNESS!

I’ve been there. I kept reading where it usually takes about 2 weeks to get them potty trained…HAHA yeah right! Not with my pup!! I got him when he was 10 weeks old, and it was about 2 months before he was completely potty trained.

Now, he improved slowly over those two months, but I don’t consider them potty trained unless there are NO accidents in the house. He had a UTI during that time, so that slowed down the process. It was almost always pee accidents, so that was better. He only pooped inside 3 or 4 times after the first night and one of those he had an upset tummy and could not hold it.

So Nikko was almost 5 months old before he had no accidents.

I’ve been there. I kept reading where it usually takes about 2 weeks to get them potty trained…HAHA yeah right! Not with my pup!! I got him when he was 10 weeks old, and it was about 2 months before he was completely potty trained.

Now, he improved slowly over those two months, but I don’t consider them potty trained unless there are NO accidents in the house. He had a UTI during that time, so that slowed down the process. It was almost always pee accidents, so that was better. He only pooped inside 3 or 4 times after the first night and one of those he had an upset tummy and could not hold it.

So Nikko was almost 5 months old before he had no accidents.

our is the exact opposite. luka will pee outside but refuses to poop. he will literally wait three hours til we come inside and then go. drives me crazy.

our is the exact opposite. luka will pee outside but refuses to poop. he will literally wait three hours til we come inside and then go. drives me crazy.

That sucks! I think I’d rather deal with the pee! Especially since Nikko had runny poo pretty much the whole time while potty training, that would have been a nightmare!

The worst thing was when he had an upset tummy, and we were on our way outside, when he stopped on the stairs and started poo’ing everywhere! It was on the walls, in the carpet, etc. It would not have been so bad if my stairs were not carpeted. It took us an hour and a half to clean it all up!

That sucks! I think I’d rather deal with the pee! Especially since Nikko had runny poo pretty much the whole time while potty training, that would have been a nightmare!

The worst thing was when he had an upset tummy, and we were on our way outside, when he stopped on the stairs and started poo’ing everywhere! It was on the walls, in the carpet, etc. It would not have been so bad if my stairs were not carpeted. It took us an hour and a half to clean it all up!

thats horrible! we've only had a few runny incidents luckily! i think luka just likes the privacy of his own home! hahahaha

a good wet carpet cleaner, clothes that match colour of dog hair, your dentist tel number close to hand.......thats if you have false teeth ...... yes i used to have them but the dog got to them first:rofl:so anything important put up high there is nothing worse than getting in after a long day and all you want to do is chill and watch a good move and when you ask were is the remote to be told in the dog:D

lmao i know these things :D I shadowproofed the whole house when i got Shadow lol! Luckily he isnt a chewer but he does like to move things around! I however probably wont be as lucky with the puppy! She is being crate trained straight away though :)