I'm harbouring a criminal ....

Val (Zebedee)

Today, we took the dogs to the Three Sisters Race track - not to put them in a go kart or anything, that'd be silly ;) but there is a lake there & loads of country walks to be had.

Myshka is the one we have to watch like a hawk, anything moving in the grass takes it's life in it's hands running near her! So, we were walking along, minding our own business, when Myshka runs off (on the retractable lead) to the left. Steve & I watch to see what's caught her attention - meanwhile, sneaky Diesel is sauntering off to the right, his ears prick up & he jumps into the undergrowth! He stops dead still, as if listening, then lifts his head up - with a baby squirrel in his jaws!! :eek:

We got him to drop it (after 3 "PUT IT DOWN!" commands!) & the poor little thing had died of fright! There was no blood or gore, just a baby squirrel, the size of your hand, lying on it's back with a terribly shocked look on it's face & all 4 paws outstretched in panic!

We left the scene of the crime pretty darn quick in case we were spotted, headed for the car & made a swift getaway! We're just waiting for the knock on the door now, to take our murderer away!

They say it's always the quiet ones you have to watch! & 4 weeks with us, he's had his first kill :o

Oh, the shame - how can I walk him down the street with my head up now ....... :awink:

lol oh val thats nothing it took Zack and suki less than a week to get their first kills after being with us we took them for a walk over the field and they both had field mice about 3 times in one walk with me and Ade telling then "No" and "leave it DIRTY!!!!"

the poor wild life on wareham common must be terrified now every time we walk them over there....lmao

Tony, poor Diesel hasn't got the energy to shake himself after a bath! We're still trying to build his energy & muscle up & rid him of his 'puppy' fat!

I did stand & watch the poor little thing for a few moments before carrying on walking, but it never moved .... oh, I hope it was just stunned & lives to fight another day! Myshka's had bluebottles, spiders, she swiped a baby chick from it's nest last year & ate it, throws frogs up over head & plays with them, but DIESEL - didn't think he had the energy to catch anything!!

PMSL..........OH Val I know I shouldnt laugh but your story had me in tears laughing!! I know its not nice but the way you said it was lying on it's back with a terribly shocked look on it's face and all 4 paws outstretched in panic!

I Hope the poor little thing was just in shock but all I keep thinking of is one of Reece's disney DVD'S (cant remember the name of it now but im sure Tony will tho) where one of the characters is a Possum that is always pretendind to be dead around humans (possums are know to be great at freezing and pretending to be dead so that humans wont go near them) And there is one scene on it where this possum falls back flat and pretends to be dieing slowly and comes out with "lights fading.." LOL I just can pic that little squirells doing that :-)

lol. That poor squirrel! Hopefully it had just frozen....

All Tala has eaten is a couple of spiders (Thankfully), She mauled the biggest slug I had ever seen and she is a keen moth hunter lol So far she's had at least 6 moths... she just leaps at them, stuns them to the floor or catches them in mid air... its brilliant to watch lol

PMSL..........OH Val I know I shouldnt laugh but your story had me in tears laughing!! I know its not nice but the way you said it was lying on it's back with a terribly shocked look on it's face and all 4 paws outstretched in panic!

I Hope the poor little thing was just in shock but all I keep thinking of is one of Reece's disney DVD'S (cant remember the name of it now but im sure Tony will tho) where one of the characters is a Possum that is always pretendind to be dead around humans (possums are know to be great at freezing and pretending to be dead so that humans wont go near them) And there is one scene on it where this possum falls back flat and pretends to be dieing slowly and comes out with "lights fading.." LOL I just can pic that little squirells doing that :-)

Oh thoughth of the name of the film "over the hedge" :-)

• 1 month later...

I know this is 'wrong', but should Diesel need a place to hide out from officials, he is more than welcome to hidout here in Iowa with Bo. Bo's kept his nose clean since mid-summer when he was accused of killing a fledgling robin. We have a good attorney (aka mommy!) who got him off (hid out until the coast was clear).

(Word on the street is that Diesel was set up - the entire incident was faked in an attempt to make you feel bad!)