Top Most Dangerous Dogs: Huskies!!!!

Ice and Cripton

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they are dangerous because of their "gentle temperament". This breed does not deserve this king of misinformation. My gosh, I know Huskies are active, and can be destructive, but they absolutely love people. Of course, I'm preaching to the choir.

Very energetic and intelligent dogs. Not considered a good guard dog because of its personality characteristics and gentle temperament. A 2000 study of dog bites resulting in human fatalities in the U.S. found fifteen such fatalities (6% of the total) were caused by "husky-type" dogs between 1979 and 1997.

So - not considered a good guard dog - yeah, cos they're dangerous??!!

fifteen fatalities (6%) in 18 YEARS from a "husky-type" dog - don't we have a thread on here about what our dogs get mistaken for?

Mazz, you're right, it's misinformation like this that adds fuel to the fire of what huskies are supposed to do!

Makes me mad! :mad: :mad:

I have to say this doesnt suprise me all i ever get is negitivity espically from other dog owners not to genralise but primarly lab owners lol ie:

Huskys cant be trusted

there not loyal so make a bad dog

why would you want one you cant walk them off the lead

all the huskiys i know are aggressive

u should here the noises they make really scarey

There another husky owner near me i was walking past her the other day we walked past a jack russel which was off lead her dogs where on lead the jack russel after some sniff latched on to her males leg, the male obviously growled back and bared teeth then the russle lached on to the side of him and the owner comes running over going,

what you doing! to my dog (getting it off the male) and i quote "learn how to train your dog, if it hurt my dog you'll be getting the bill and that dog will be getting put down!"

her dogs a brillant and really took to lunar well, i had to hold her femal because after the russel was getting dragged away she was getting dragged by her husky all over the place. but then its people like that that think just because there large and can look scary that there monsters when in actal fact other breeds are far worse

:wtf:Its stupid articles like that make people come out with silly comments, Diigs and rude remarks when we are out walking Grey ie- A Man turned around to me while I was holding Grey while Tony had taken Reece up on the bouncey castle slide and said he would shoot people like me and my Dog (Cause I own a Husky a dagerous Breed of Dog) :mad: :mad: :mad: That has been the worst comment to date Iv had...

mary i kinda know what u mean the amount ov times ive herd those dogs bite - when all blaze is doin is sittin there or sniffin ignorin everythin around him yh cuz id have him unmuzzled or summin if he was agressive wudnt i YEAH RIGHT! stupid ppl GRRRRRRR

forgot 2 mention i walked past 2 so called 'dangerous dogs' 2day 2 dalmatians n OMG it was SOOOOOOOO scary they completely........................ ignored me :) oh yeah n i used 2 walk 2 chows for a family friend n the amount ov times they went for me ....... oh wait they didnt! go figure

:wtf:Its stupid articles like that make people come out with silly comments, Diigs and rude remarks when we are out walking Grey ie- A Man turned around to me while I was holding Grey while Tony had taken Reece up on the bouncey castle slide and said he would shoot people like me and my Dog (Cause I own a Husky a dagerous Breed of Dog) :mad: :mad: :mad: That has been the worst comment to date Iv had...

What a nasty thing to say, i havent had any of those comments i have to say..we live surrounded by rotti's, GSD's, staffs/pits..you name it >>> but some dog owners act really stupid and that pisses me off >> 1 woman 2 dashunds and Alaska runs up to one who clearly doesnt like big dogs so this little dog starts screaming and Alaska just looked baffed and sniffed her from afar >> i went over and the woman had her in her amrs saying "are you okay baby?" << and i said to the woman just to be clear Alaska only sniffed her..no wonder that dog acted so scared if shes being babied all the time. Another time we were in the park and Alaska ran up to another small breed, the guy stepped foprward and yelled at her waving his arm for her to go away >> he picked up his dog and walked off. No wonder Alaska doesn't like men....i shouted to him that: "thats what dogs do in a park..they sniff each other retard" ...mind you the retard was under my breath but how dare he shout at Alaska for exhibiting normal doggy behaivour:mad:

mary i kinda know what u mean the amount ov times ive herd those dogs bite - when all blaze is doin is sittin there or sniffin ignorin everythin around him yh cuz id have him unmuzzled or summin if he was agressive wudnt i YEAH RIGHT! stupid ppl GRRRRRRR

forgot 2 mention i walked past 2 so called 'dangerous dogs' 2day 2 dalmatians n OMG it was SOOOOOOOO scary they completely........................ ignored me :) oh yeah n i used 2 walk 2 chows for a family friend n the amount ov times they went for me ....... oh wait they didnt! go figure

loool ive stroked and played with number 1 before and so has Alaska...hmmm i wonder who was the boss in that relationship LOL

If Huskies are so dangerous, I best not let mine sleep in bed any more. I better muzzle her and keep her tied up all the time. Oh I'm just so riled up about that site. I'll tell you about a dangerous dog:

My uncle owned a filling station in a small town in sourthern Michigan. Every night he broght the money home from the station. So he and my aunt had a Doberman. Now Dobes have a reputation, and this dog could only be approached by one person, fed by one person, touched by one person - my aunt. This dog would jump through a screened window and get loose. My aunt would immediately call the local radio station and within seconds, a PSA (Public Service Announcement) went out over the radio for everyone to get off the streets, because Erik the Doberman was again loose. This dog would literally attack anyone who approached him. That is a dangerous dog. Thank God he's no longer with us.

OMG i must be doing somethign wrong - I have 2 of the top 10 most dangerous dogs (Husky and GSD), but both of mine are really placid - Where did I go wrong? Why dont mine attack people for just walking past them? Tips needed urgently! (jking)

Geez this kind of crap annoys me - Beauty our GSD has let/ and still lets all of kids climb all over her, and has never yet budged, snapped, snarled or even grumped at the kids when they do this. Isis is exactly the same - she just lies there as well.

We do however get lots of dodgy looks when out walking - but the old people are the best round by us, as they dont give a damn what kind of dogs youve got, theyre over like a shot, fussing and talking about them. Some of them even carry around treats in their pockets now incase they bump into us!

Tell me about the GSD...my god they're dangerous....seriously...just look....DSC08100.JPG

The only thing dangerous on that dog is her bloody tail...oh and the fact her head is hard and HUGE!

and those Huskies, jeez...can't be trusted (altho Eika does grump and snap if she's sleeping and Josh grabs her...)

DSC07664resize.jpg

Oh one thing, if a GSD (in particular my SIL dog above...) is in a hump because her 'mummy' has gone on holiday, and they give you a warning growl, don't try and give them a kiss to say sorry...it hurts! But then again if she wanted to she would have ripped my face off lol!