Prozac type drugs could be made available for dogs this year

Mollys_mum

I can't control my kid so he must have ADHD doctor, please prescribe something to dull him out! I can't control my dogs ... ditto ... I can't control my neighbor, I'll call 911... I can't control my husband so it's time for a divorce. << Excuse the French >> Shit folks, get a life! Life is about give and take not about total control of everyone / everything in your environment. It ain'ta gonna happen, not in this world, not in this lifetime!

<< chuckle >> Do I sound like control freaks get on my last nerve? Yep, they do! [MENTION=53]Austinville[/MENTION], you're right, people will use them ... there are times and places and needs where there are real reasons; the really sad part is that people will abuse them when there is no need!

society is too quick to give a pill for anything anymore. A quick fix is always necessary, isn't it. I have a friend who teaches third grade. A full 60 percent of her students are on meds for ADD, ADHD. (And this is in rural Iowa.........)

And now they're gonna give it to these same humans for their pets. Woe is me.

Our country is in the s*** bucket when it comes to our kids. Some parents are being told that their children aren't allowed to go to school until they medicate their kids.

In regards to the canine world, I know a border collie who is from working lines, but is kept as a companion. His owners started him on Prozac and I feel so bad for him whenever I see him. He is either doped up or so wound up he is irrational and not completely sane. He needs a nice big farm that has him busy 24/7, not an elderly couple who take nice sedate walks.

"Eight in ten dogs suffer behavioural problems"

Well that's true because 8 in 10 dogs have owners that either don't understand how to change the behavior or don't care.