Toilet training

Stormy

I am getting so frustrated with this! With Shadow i used to take him out after food, sleep, water, play etc etc etc and would sometimes take around 15 minutes but he would go eventually and i praised him and he soon figured out he needed to go outside for the toilet......

Skye however!!!! Seems to think its the other way around! I have waited out there almost an hour with her one time and she goes as soon as we go back in! I giver her a firm now and put her straight out again and have praised the whole two times she has gone outside! But i cant keep sitting outside for hours on end!!

Any advice??

Also crate training her which is going OK at night she crys a bit then goes to sleep till i take her out (around every 2 hours at the moment) then she will cry again and sleep but there is one point in the night she will scream and scream and scream to which i find she has poo'd all in her crate! (we have warned the neighbor luckily!) Should i just keep going with this or perhaps try take her out every hour? (that will be nackering!)

She is just over 13 weeks old!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have you tried rubbing her tum while you are outside?

do you take treats outside with you so when she does go she gets one straight away?

is it roughly the same time every night she crys because shes been loo....?

Yes take treats out :)

No its been different times

with our boys we used the pee pads, which i am assuming your not, so probably not going to be much help. :)

but when we got up we would take them out on the lead and walk around for a bit, and then stand still for a while, if they didnt go we would rub there tummy, and play a little, then stand still, this would cause them to relax and then they wouldnt be able to hold it any longer.

When they pee'd in the house, we did the same, run over to them pick them up and mutter no no no no lol. then scrubbed the area lol

as for the poop, we had the same problem, they would cry after they had done the mess. you could try getting up every 2 hours till 1ish, then every hour till she poops then every two hours.

Although they do say you should do it every hour, but if she is not peeing that often then try a bit longer.

you will find a routine, i know the first few weeks are rough

ah so cute...i know its not at the time lol...but makes you want to just cuddle her lol

if i think of anything else ill let you know.

have you considered training pads?

Yeah im considering them it may be a good idea. I know they look so cute and you just want to give in to them lol but you cant!

Oh yes she certainly is! lol Good news is she is starting to get the hang of it (as long as i watch her like a hawk all day long!) and get her outside she goes within 15 mins rather than hours now lol!!

Oh God, please don't start using puppy pads! Worst mistake I EVER made with Kiska! All they do is teach the puppy it's ok to pee inside.

I'd suggest taking her out on a lead to pee - no playing, no sniffing at things, no anything else, ONLY toileting. She'll start going a lot quicker if she knows she's not going out there to explore and play ;)