Toilet training

Stormy

Oh God, please don't start using puppy pads! Worst mistake I EVER made with Kiska! All they do is teach the puppy it's ok to pee inside.

I'd suggest taking her out on a lead to pee - no playing, no sniffing at things, no anything else, ONLY toileting. She'll start going a lot quicker if she knows she's not going out there to explore and play ;)

Ok :) Luckily i have alot of spare time at the moment that i can keep an eye on her all the time! The main reason had to use pads with Shadow was because i was working etc

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having the same issues. Luka refuses to poop outside. It's happened maybe 3 or 4 times. I can stay out there for an hour and he won't go until we walk back inside. It's so frustrating!!

could it be that the scent of pee/poo inside the house is still.. what's the word? Sniffable? Smellable? LOL anyways could it be that the pee/poo wasn't cleaned thoroughly after each accident?

could it be that the scent of pee/poo inside the house is still.. what's the word? Sniffable? Smellable? LOL anyways could it be that the pee/poo wasn't cleaned thoroughly after each accident?

It is thoroughly cleaned after each accident :) It is getting alot better now :D She has picked a spot in the garden she likes to wee now :) so i always put her on that spot when we go out and she generally goes within a few minutes now :D

It is thoroughly cleaned after each accident :) It is getting alot better now :D She has picked a spot in the garden she likes to wee now :) so i always put her on that spot when we go out and she generally goes within a few minutes now :D

i am loving this blow by blow commentary...hows the pooing at night going?

aint she a super star :) well done Skye x

And so far only one accident today :D I am about to leave her to take shadow for a long walk though so i assume ill come back to something but that is to be expected