Has your pet "saved" you from a bug?

aronoiiel

Kiana the mighty spider hunter has saved her mum from a ninja demon that had taken up residence in the new dog be-er couch . . .praise be to the mighty hunter that protects us as we nap ♥

LOL so I'm relaxing enjoying my day off snoozing on my couch when my roomie comes out and wants to know if we can watch more of the show we were watching. I kinda fling my hand and stretch when suddenly Kiana DIVES into the crack of the couch, where the back meets the cushions. I didn't see anything and figured she was rubbing her nose or something when she pulls out this big black mess of legs. I freak and fall off the darned couch and she PLAYS with the black mass then let's it crawl back in the crack. I go to get a tissue to take the darn thing outside (don't believe in killing them but do have a healthy fear of the things) and she has it out again playing with it and sadly ends up killing it before I can take it out. She doesn't like eating them but likes to play with them >_< Suffice it to say I have given her much love and treats for saving me LOL.

So what has your pup or cat saved YOU from :D

Dana once had gotten it into her head that she had to kill all the mosquitoes while we're out walking. Needless to say, I wasn't too bothered about it :D I get no mosquito bites and she gets her fair share or energy burn by jumping around all the time, lol.

Oh yeah, he kills all the bugs he can find (cockroaches included, sometimes they just come in through the window. But ever since we got him, no more nasty ones for us lol).

Too bad he is not too apt at catching mosquitoes. As a matter of fact, he shows no interest in them... it's just flies he goes after.

Diamond prefers sleeping than hunting bugs, really LOL but once he saved me from a mouse (not a bug I know LOL) :wub: was in the middle of our afternoon walk when suddenly he jumped like a bunny obviously trying to catch something between his front paws. I was startled so gave him a correction tug which is why he didn't manage to reach the little mouse. Glad he didn't though! :S I won't be happy to see that mouse dangling in his mouth eeeewwww but thanks to him I didn't scream and jump like a baby in public LOL

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, I am very safe with Echo around, bug hunter extraordanaire! She'll go after any bug, including removing the evidence.. yum! Haha. When I had Taz, he would just really torture them, push them with his nose, paw at them and step on them (if they tried to get away, he would reach his paw out and pull it back to him).. Echo goes after them and they are gone in a flash!

My cat has one job in life - kill spiders and insects that invade my home. It's what cats do. Mine fails miserably at this task and is completely useless in life. His hunting instincts are on par with those of a 3-toed sloth.

His only successful kill was when I tried to set him on a spider. He got bored and accidentally sat on it.

My dogs have been known to stalk a bug or two but last night I not only had to kill a big spider in the bath tub but also we had a huge yellow jacket flying around in the room. I'm afraid of things with stingers and so is my OH. So what happened was I ended up using the expendable hose on the vacuum clearer to suck it off the ceiling haha. It went round and round in the canister and then was covered in husky hair, much like everything else in the house :P

My cat has one job in life - kill spiders and insects that invade my home. It's what cats do. Mine fails miserably at this task and is completely useless in life. His hunting instincts are on par with those of a 3-toed sloth.

His only successful kill was when I tried to set him on a spider. He got bored and accidentally sat on it.

Hahahahahahaha best post of the night lol