Skyes jabs

Stormy

Skye had her first set of jabs at the breeders now they knew we would be picking her up later etc they told us she would be within the time limit for her jabs.... for then me to read on the paperwork shes almost 2 weeks over due her second jab! So i now has to have them all re done which delays me taking her out now at almost 14 weeks old this is going to be fun!

Its such a pain as she now has her first one friday (again) then obv have to wait however long inbetween for the second one then however long till i can then take her out !!!! Shes gonna be mega mega hyper!

Skye had her first set of jabs at the breeders now they knew we would be picking her up later etc they told us she would be within the time limit for her jabs.... for then me to read on the paperwork shes almost 2 weeks over due her second jab! So i now has to have them all re done which delays me taking her out now at almost 14 weeks old this is going to be fun!

If I may ask, why does she need to have them all redone? As far as I was aware, you had to do two rounds because for the first one, it was unsure whether they still had immunity from their mother or not, which would inactivate the vaccine and that's why you needed the second round, but at 14 weeks old I don't think she should still have two more jabs... but that's just me.

If I may ask, why does she need to have them all redone? As far as I was aware, you had to do two rounds because for the first one, it was unsure whether they still had immunity from their mother or not, which would inactivate the vaccine and that's why you needed the second round, but at 14 weeks old I don't think she should still have two more jabs... but that's just me.

I dont make the rules its what the vets say... you are meant to get second lot done within 2 - 4 weeks but she was 6 weeks

To clear up some confusion in this thread - the jabs/shots/vaccine procedure is different in the UK than it is in the USA. From what I understand, puppies in the USA can either have 3 or 4 vaccinations, while in the UK we only have 2 - the first can be done from 7 weeks onwards, the second is usually done 2 weeks afterwards but not before 10 weeks. So for example 7 weeks and 10 weeks, 8 weeks and 10 weeks, 9 weeks and 11 weeks, 10 weeks and 12 weeks, etc, depending on when you get the first one done. The puppy can then be taken out for its first walk 5-7 days afterwards.

[MENTION=2176]Stormy[/MENTION] does this mean I won't get to meet her?? :(