What a joke!

Sarah

I've had a fair few tests this last week, i've just found out i've got a dermoid cyst on my left ovary, i've had a biopsy taken from my womb and today found out that i've got 2 different infections in my womb :(

They've given me a whole host of pills to take - went to the chemist with my prescriptions £46 !!! That nearly hurt as much as the biopsy!

yet if i lived in scotland / wales it'd be free - bloody government!

Sorry to hear you're unwell Sarah. :grouphug:to you and hopefully the meds will kick in and start to sort you out soon. Will the pills sort out the cysts too?

sadly no - i may need an operation to remove it

robbers!

I know I certainly felt better after my surgery - I hope you get back to feeling more like yourself shortly. Hugs from Rynnie (and I) Let everyone know when you go in, your post box will be filled with all sorts of things to keep you busy from all your husky friends!

Hugs girl!

My son has Crohns he's 25, been on medication for four years and will be for the rest of his life. He's at high risk of lymphoma, bowel cancer and skin cancer because of the drugs he needs to control his disease and also has to pay for the privilege :huskyfall:

I can empathise

My son has Crohns he's 25, been on medication for four years and will be for the rest of his life. He's at high risk of lymphoma, bowel cancer and skin cancer because of the drugs he needs to control his disease and also has to pay for the privilege :huskyfall:

I can empathise

Same here. My son has ulcerative colitis (very similar to chrons but restricted to the bowel.). He's on mesren and runs the same risks, even though the tablets don't even work. All this and he's only 14, still a baby in my eyes. :(

Same here. My son has ulcerative colitis (very similar to chrons but restricted to the bowel.). He's on mesren and runs the same risks, even though the tablets don't even work. All this and he's only 14, still a baby in my eyes. :(

Fourteen is very young. How long has he been on the medication? Thomas has spent the last three yrs getting his under control, there are no quick fixes. Have you considered his diet? I know we found Thomas has developed an intolerance to dairy while suffering the crohns, he's since cut out the diary which has helped tremendously

Thomas takes asacol, azapriothine and Humria which is an injection.

Well it would seem we have thievery in common by the pharmaceutical companies between our country's as well-I certainly hope you heal! Hitting someone in the wallet or purse is the hardest hit, and Gloria, Czar Demon and I wish you the best and that you don't have ot keep filling that perscription

Now to see if I can keep my stupid humour out of this. I see way too many lines that I can use to 'pick on you' ...

Seriously, hope everything works out well with the medics ... I thank the gods that I have the VA to fall back on when I need to see them, there's no way I can afford anything like a real medical bill.

Have you considered a pre-pay certificate? When I was on all my happy pills a few years ago :confused: I paid for a year's prescription & saved loads ... look:

Help With Health Costs Help with Health Costs NHS Business Services Authority

maybe worth doing if you're going to be taking a fair few for any length of time (but keep off the trampoline, you'll sound like a maraca!) :P