Is this a bad idea....

JESSICAMOM343

From my viewpoint, since he just bit your son, anything that resembles an unearned treat is OUT!.

Once he has his manners in place, then it's not a bad idea. The bacon residue makes a fantastic treat and turns a blah meal into something they want to eat - but until you and he agree on who holds the key to the food cabinet - not a chance! The grease will also brighten up his coat some.

Interesting. So if we humans ate this our doc would be following us with a choloestral counter and heart monitor lol.

But a dog is fine eating this.

I think they only did it once a week, but it's allot like us southerners using the grease/drippings to make gravy. Noting but grease, flour & water.

Interesting. So if we humans ate this our doc would be following us with a choloestral counter and heart monitor lol.

But a dog is fine eating this.

But we humans eat more than a tablespoon at a time....I love frying my eggs in the left over bacon fat.....MmM

Dog wise, as long as it is a small amount, as stated above like a treat, then I don't think it would be bad....

I think they only did it once a week, but it's allot like us southerners using the grease/drippings to make gravy. Noting but grease, flour & water.

my grandma always uses grease too! lol it's def a southern thing. we save our grease in jars.