Stupid question!

Stormy

I'm not sure that I would consider it a stupid question, but uninformed. I didn't know what people meant on the forum when they talked about feed raw for quite some time, and I've had a husky or 3 for the last 16 years. It's all about information. Maybe if you explained that you feed your dogs raw poultry and what the nutritional value is for your dogs they would understand before forming their uninformed question! Just a thought.

Has anyone else had this??

When i tell people that i feed my dogs RAW they then ask: "does that not make them want to kill more?" :confused:

I'd laugh and answer, "No, but it doesn't make them want to kill less either!"

JK!

I don't feed all raw, but Ryn does get chicken and organ meats daily. (We've just started the organ meats and quite honestly it grosses me out! But she likes it - so far) I do get silly questions on occassion, and it gives me the opportunity to increase that individuals knowledge. So, look at it from that perspective and remember not to KILL them - though you might find yourself with some fresh meat for the huskies! LOL

I'd laugh and answer, "No, but it doesn't make them want to kill less either!"

JK!

I don't feed all raw, but Ryn does get chicken and organ meats daily. (We've just started the organ meats and quite honestly it grosses me out! But she likes it - so far) I do get silly questions on occassion, and it gives me the opportunity to increase that individuals knowledge. So, look at it from that perspective and remember not to KILL them - though you might find yourself with some fresh meat for the huskies! LOL

Haha love that response!

Raw is the best thing i ever did with Shadow as a pup he was a nightmare for his stomach he is now the most solid he has ever been and he doesnt go half as much now also :D

Ive transferred the pup onto Raw also and i thought i may have issues with her stomach but its made her nice and solid to :D

lol gives me the chuckles.

Anybody know a particular post on here that explains raw in detail? Luka has such a sensitive digestive system i've been considering putting him on a raw diet if it will help him. kibble is just not working.

Have a look in this section Food & Diet :)

I didn't know much about raw until recently but I can't say I'd ever thought about asking that! People are too soft on stupid people nowadays. If the answer could be formed from some sort of logic then I could understand, but whoever has heard of an animal becoming bloodthirsty because it gets to taste raw meat and blood? People watch too many vampire and werewolf shows! :rolleyes:

Freya's puppy food has run out today, I've been slowly switching her onto Kiska's adult food, and once that all runs out (maybe another month) they'll both be going onto raw. Found a nice supplier in Sittingbourne down the road :) Can't wait!

i have been told that because i feed my dogs on raw that one day they will attack me and kill me because they have the taste of blood..... also that they will eat my baby cos they will see it as food.....

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm no

the difference between squirmy people and bones/mixed organs in a bowl is huge!!!!

if i let my dogs actively hunt and kill prey then maybe but my dogs get served food cold dead and fresh

after reading much information today im really considering raw diet. [MENTION=2580]Hy'Shqa[/MENTION] recommended it when i was posting about Luka being underweight. He's not underweight anymore but i just don't think kibble is doing wonders for him. He never has firm stools and i'm only feeding him 2 cups. I may at first do one meal raw and keep kibble for the other. I'm excited I just want to make sure i don't buy the wrong things. Still need more research.

after reading much information today im really considering raw diet. @Hy'Shqa recommended it when i was posting about Luka being underweight. He's not underweight anymore but i just don't think kibble is doing wonders for him. He never has firm stools and i'm only feeding him 2 cups. I may at first do one meal raw and keep kibble for the other. I'm excited I just want to make sure i don't buy the wrong things. Still need more research.

You could say i sort of "cheat" in a way as i order my raw meat from a company and it comes in 1lb bags (shadow has one bag per day) ready frozen! So all i have to do it defrost it over night and done! Its a great way to get started on raw as you know you arent going to go wrong with portion sizes and what they should and shouldnt have etc.

I started Shadow on just the minced chicken at first and this month i will be introducing beef and lamb :) And maybe even some liver (very small amounts only once per week as is very rich)

He also has raw frozen chicken wings as a treat sometimes and a raw egg once or twice a week :)

Pup is also the same now :) apart from she hasnt had raw egg etc yet.

Raw bones are great for the teeth! And i find Shadows coat really good on raw!

And i find Shadows coat really good on raw!

I'm hoping I see this with Kiska - her coat has gotten atrocious recently and the only thing I can put that down to is her diet - her coat was much better when I used to feed her the odd chicken wing!

We gave ours raw once and came home the next day to two dogs that had been very ill all over the house. I would ask someone to help you set up a feeding strategy before doing what we did. They loved it, but not their tummies or my carpet the next day!

We gave ours raw once and came home the next day to two dogs that had been very ill all over the house. I would ask someone to help you set up a feeding strategy before doing what we did. They loved it, but not their tummies or my carpet the next day!

Any recommendations? I had to switch luka off of totw because his sensitive stomach couldn't handle it to fromms which has rice and oatmeal in it. His stools have turned a little more firmer. I fed him chicken and rice and it was straight liquid. (sorry for the gory details) I don't know if it was bc of that or that e got his rabies shot that day. I want my boy to be healthy. Like I've said before I can't feed him a drop over 2 cups or serious issues on my carpet lol

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0su1q1