Dionysus says HI from Oregon! :D *Pic Heavy*

Removed #4

Guess I should do one of these! :P

My Name is Carleigh! Nice to meet you!

My WHOLE life I was incredibly fascinated with Wolves, and of course... I wanted a Husky because of this.

Finally, in 2011 I came in contact with a Breeder only 30 miles from me.

Not long later, we had our wonderful little fluffball Dio!

And of course... PICS!

Youre welcome. :)

3.jpg

230.jpg

261.jpg

005.jpg

0032.jpg

0243.jpg

0046.jpg

0132.jpg

022.jpg

008-2.jpg

0112.jpg

008-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

Now, in January of this year... We almost lost him.

He was a gulper. Would swallow anything and everything... Rocks, Cement, Bark, Hairties, Socks (whole)...

He fell ill one day, we didnt quite know what was wrong... We ended up taking him to the vet, getting x-rays, and eventually getting numerous treatments that all ended up being more detrimental than we could have ever guessed.

In the X-ray all you could see was a little metal ring, so we tried to push it out...

Little did we know.....

It was an entire Koosh Ball with all the tendrils cut short.

A bit less than a week after his first indications of sickness, he went in for surgery.

They cut open his abdomen, then went into his intestines and found it... It came within about 6 inches of coming out, doing massive amounts of damage along the way.

They had to stitch him back together at a thin spot in the intestines, so for precaution they wrapped some of his own fat around the site to sort of "caulk" it.

He ended up having to be driven into the city to an emergency clinic for the weekend, they were afraid that he might get an infection or tear something... He stayed there for 2 days.

Thankfully when he came home, our biggest concern was keeping him calm so he didnt rip himself open.

Within a week after the surgery, he was completely back to normal. Other than the shaved spots. :P

Now for moar pics!

While the poor guy had the ball wreaking havoc.

005-1.jpg

All that remained of the ball... They tore it open to make sure that the metal ring was there.

0062.jpg

And of course... The CONE OF SHAME! :D You can see where they shaved his arm for the IV.

013.jpg

Oh, he is beautiful!!! And I love the progression of pics from puppy up to adult.

The shot where's he's "hiding" under the jacket is precious!!!

I've got one who chews on everything he can that I leave down - he's getting better but every one in a while I find a sock with holes in them - thank the gods that he doesn't swallow, just chews! Glad that everything came out all right ( poor pun, I know! )

And of course the obligatory "Welcome to the best Husky forum in the entire world!!! 'Cause we cover the entire world!!!"

Dio is such a handsome boy !

Thank you! :D

Oh, he is beautiful!!! And I love the progression of pics from puppy up to adult.

The shot where's he's "hiding" under the jacket is precious!!!

I've got one who chews on everything he can that I leave down - he's getting better but every one in a while I find a sock with holes in them - thank the gods that he doesn't swallow, just chews! Glad that everything came out all right ( poor pun, I know! )

And of course the obligatory "Welcome to the best Husky forum in the entire world!!! 'Cause we cover the entire world!!!"

I thought it was a wonderful pun!!

Haha. He burrows under the blankets on the bed all the time, its seriously adorable!

Thank you! :)

beautiful dog even though i already told you! glad he's okay after his surgery and all that! crazy how dogs swallow things! :)

I know!! He was seriously SOOOO bad about swallowing things, thankfully he has grown out of it!

He is one of the most beautiful huskies I've ever seen. What a scary thing that happened to him!

Wow!! Thank you! Haha

And yeah... It was one of the scariest things that has happened to me. My anxiety had a field day!

I wish I could see the pictures, but my work computer has blocked them. I'm very sorry to hear Dio had to go through such an ordeal. How scary! I'm so glad everything turned out OK.

Hugs from Tika and Viggo :grouphug:

You can take a look when you get home! Youll love em! :P

And thank you for he hugs! Makes me smile. :):)

Wow! What a story - so very happy the beautiful Dio is doing well.

The word "handsome" doesn't even come close to describing him. Beautiful, beautiful husky!

Thank you bunches! Haha.

I love my handsome fluffpuff!

Hi and welcome to the pack!

He is STUNNING!!! :wub:

Glad he pulled through the ordeal - that must have been so stressful x

Thank you!!

And yeah... It was honestly the most stressful thing Ive been through. I was soo scared the whole time, I honestly almost couldnt handle it.

Wow he's gorgeous welcome to the pack :-) glad 2 hear he was ok after his ordeal

Thank you! :D

I am shocked that something they deem ok for a pet toy can do something as devastating as that :(

I will heed this story and make sure my Luka has very pre approved toys from me. He also is a chewer. He ate the L and R stick plastic tops off my PS3 controller last night. I put it away from him but the lil bugger still got it -sighs-

So I am at the moment looking at the world through a puppies eyes and reach to puppy proof my home. Which I have to say is worse than child proofing a home.

I am so very glad your boy is ok. I would have been devastated also. Very trying time for you but with a happy ending thankfully.

Beautiful looking boy.

I am shocked that something they deem ok for a pet toy can do something as devastating as that :(

I will heed this story and make sure my Luka has very pre approved toys from me. He also is a chewer. He ate the L and R stick plastic tops off my PS3 controller last night. I put it away from him but the lil bugger still got it -sighs-

So I am at the moment looking at the world through a puppies eyes and reach to puppy proof my home. Which I have to say is worse than child proofing a home.

I am so very glad your boy is ok. I would have been devastated also. Very trying time for you but with a happy ending thankfully.

Beautiful looking boy.

A Koosh Ball is actually a kids toy, not a pet toy.

And the darn thing was from 20 years ago when my Fiance was a child. lol

Pretty awesome eh?

And definitely keep a vigilant eye on your Luka! Darn buggers are like vacuums....