Rehome a second husky in Scotland

Scott Wilson

Hello all well my little bundle of joy is not so little any more he's 1.5 years old and a teenage terror lol :rolleyes:

post-5700-13586055381504_thumb.jpg

Anyway long story short ive caught the bug sibe daft and i want to re home another sibe for a number of reasons first i enjoy having Siberian huskies and love my boy to bits and see room in my heart for more.

Secondly my boy loves to bounce and play with other huskies that we meet like the neighbours who have a pair that get on well with him, he sulks whenever we have to go home. Im sure he will appreciate the canine company too.

So im looking to re home a rescue husky from anywhere really a centre , welfare society, or even a current owner who cant care for one anymore. Ive looked around and im shocked at all the ads of unwanted huskies SELLING !!! them for the price i paid for a puppy , words like " Oh i cant walk them anymore because of work they need a loving home soon !, but ill take all your money first !" Sad really if they cant care they belong in welfare or with new owners regardless of money.

So i cant afford to pay top dollar otherwise i would just get another puppy.

So can anyone recommend anyone who fosters or looking to re-home huskies in Scotland Or rest of the UK. Ive checked out the Sibe husky welfare but all the dogs are way down England and i don't own a car unfortunately =/

I called about sabre yesterday but unfortunately i got called out with my job last night im retained fire brigade you see, so i planned on going down to see him this morning but i didn't get to my bed until after 7am and they said i could only come between 10-11:30 so i will need to get down when i can get off again unless someone else snaps him up

I know what you mean....one Sibe is never enough!!lol.

I only thought I would have 1,then several years later have ended up with 3!! They are all rescued and are fantastic,wasn't always easy and they have had their issues,but invest the time and you reapthe rewards.

It's great that you are going to rescue another Husky,do check out all the local rescues as they do still transport from England to Scotland .Good luck and hope you find the right dog to adopt:)

Good for you for thinking about taking a playmate in for your furby & looking to a rescue to do it. Any rescue will transport a dog to you if you would struggle, the only thing to point out is how your boy would meet up with a prospective playmate, but others do it without the dogs meeting. I help transport dogs all over the North West either full runs or relays if the journey is a long one so there is a network in place for transport.

Let us know how you get on with Sabre, as Angela said, if it's meant to be ..... ;)