With heavy heart........

Austinville

It is with heavy heart that Ryn announces the death of her beloved hedgehog 'Hedgie'. He spontaneously combusted just a few minutes ago............

This must be from a recent outbreak of 'stuffing explosion' disease. This is her second hedgehog to die such a death within a week.

She has gone into seclusion to grieve the loss of her dear friend (for about two minutes - at which point she will beg to be taken to town to purchase another.)

Cards and wishes of condolences may be sent to her at her home.

Burial will be when she takes a nap and Hedgie will be placed in the nearest trash can.

post-53-13586055492777_thumb.jpg

Condolences! Zoya just lost her stuffed chicken. The true test will be when her purple spotted elephant goes...that is her favorite and she sleeps with it every night. I need to get a back up one if I can find it. A new toy is a good thing though too! Happy hedgie hunting.

Rynnie, Bo and Ollie send their deepest condolences on the passing of your dear friend Hedgie. When's the wake? Bo also says that Explosivae Erinaceus europaeus (explosive hedgehog) bacterial infection is highly contagious and that this is what caused both dog beds to explode last week and it was not them having fun.

RIP hedgehog - there is certainly a lot of it going around. This chicken lasted a couple of weeks completely intact despite being used for tug-of-war between Mya & Molly before spontaneous combustion claimed his life last night:

post-5918-13586055587377_thumb.jpg

+

is there a new hedgehog yet ???

LOL

Not yet. I'm babysitting my granddaughter so we can't go to the pet toy store today. That's a trip for another day.

Never fear though, she did raid a box which we were going to take with us to friends next weekend. She grudingly decided upon a stuffed apple toy which will have to do until we can make it to PetSmart - where she will, without a doubt, choose another hedgehog! (I don't know what it is about those things - she's had several, but she continues to choose them.)+