How can he have said that about his sibe?

LittleBean

I was walking my dog the other day, and came across a woman with a husky. Her husky didn't look anything out of the ordinary, just like any other husky. We started chit chatting and she kind of ranted about how "too bad she doesn't have blue eyes" and all that. Are you kidding me? I'm not sure if she even cared for the dog. She walked her without really interacting, just quietly strolling along and wasn't really even too keen on conversing until Haru went up to the sibe for an introduction.

I know a lot of people get huskies just because "they're pretty" or something, but just because it doesn't have blue eyes doesn't mean she's any different..if only everyone understood :P

*facepalm*

Wow I don't know why I typed "he" on the title but it was a woman haha...

Edited by LittleBean

There's nothing like a look from my bitty bi-eyed girl to melt my heart!

I do admit to loving those blue-eyes, but that comes from my first boy, I suppose. I would never hold that against Ryn. She used to have a "trick" where I would say "I love your blue-eye" and she would turn her blue eye toward me for a kiss. This was followed by "I love your brown eye" and she would turn her brown eye to me for another kiss. (She refuses to do it these days.)

It's a bit silly to complain about that, the eye colour doesn't change the pet's personality. I like blue-eyed sibes too, but hey, I would gladly take a brown-eyed one as well.

The only question I have though, if blue eyes were so important to her, why didn't she get a blue eyed sibe then? I am pretty sure there are people (just wanted to type "breeders", but stopped) who will breed for eye colour alone.

That's really quite ignorant and says a lot about her attitude to animals. Blue eyes are very pretty and for many non husky owners they are something of a novelty but for me personally, a light coloured husky with deep brown eyes is absolutely stunning!

When I only had Max,(who is a stunner with the most amazing brown eyes that look into your very soul!) People used to come and see him and say,"oh ,I love the ones with blue eyes",this highlights the part about humans that I loathe,only wanting something as an object beacuse it's eyes are different.

I now have Blue,with......yes you guessed blue eyes,which sometimes causes a stir?? "Look at that dogs eyes!!!"

to finish the trio is Hachi,whose eyes are a lovely amber colour and they are all gorgeous to me,it's the expressionand the way they use their eyes to communicate with me that I love:)

my two have aone of each. if they are trying to be cute they look at me out of their brown eye if they are trying to be "you have to be kidding me" they look at me with their blue.

its not the colour its what's behind the eyes.

:facepalm:

I hate how much the blue eyes are worshipped =\ I have a blue-eyed baby but I, too, won't like it to hear someone complaining about why their husky isn't blue-eyed. It's almost like someone saying "why my child isn't blonde?" or "why my child don't look like my neighbor's child?"