If you could be any age ...

Val (Zebedee)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I could pick an age to be forever....I dislike stagnance, and certainly wouldn't relive my teens or twenties. I don't want to be ancient, but I do want to eventually reach an age where the children are all out on their own in the world living up to their potential...but I also don't want to miss all thememories and moments between then and now.

I'd love to be 18 again, that way I could stop myself taking a gap year, get myself into gear and get a lot of extracurricular bits and pieces onto my CV, and really set myself up for the career I want better than I have done now =/

I'd like to be in my mid-30's again. Financially secure, kids out of the house. I'd do more.......take more trips, live life just a bit more.

Other times I'd like to be a pre-teen, back before my Dad passed.

My parents both passed at an early age....Dad was 48 and Mom was 52. So being 48 myself now, it's a pretty strange feeling.

This is a hard one, it's all in context of why:

If I had to relive my own life again with all my knowledge now, I would choose 12yrs old, as that was the time that life just seemed to get complicated with all the nuances of emotional security and confidence, but also at time when I recall life's journey beginning, and it would be an incredible opportunity to take life's journey again.

If I had to choose an age to be forever I am caught between 25 and 33, my reasons are based on two kinds of desires young adult vs adult, as I turn 40 this year, there is the oh I wish I was young and oh If I could just start fresh and change a few things, it would be amazing where I would be at right now.

I would choose 25yrs old, naive and confident and trying prove myself and not care at the same time with the energy to do it all and love everything that comes my way.

I would choose 33yrs old, cuz everything in my life was perfect then, I love everything that went on from 25-33, but at 33, I was on top of that mountain with a silver lining growing in the clouds, but a series of bad choices from at ages 34-37 lead me to and down a dark and rocky road these last three years. I have come out alive, but have lots of work ahead, but to be 33 again would be awesome.

I would choose 12. Or maybe a bit younger. Then I would actually believe my mom when she says that my grades matter in school and I would get my crap together and actually graduate college at 22 like the rest of my friends not going back to school at 22. Blah why do we not listen to our parents when they are right.

I would choose 12. Or maybe a bit younger. Then I would actually believe my mom when she says that my grades matter in school and I would get my crap together and actually graduate college at 22 like the rest of my friends not going back to school at 22. Blah why do we not listen to our parents when they are right.

I really need to show this reply to my nearly 16 year old son.

Agree! I'd go back n do better in school too

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Id stay the age i am, 24.

My reasons,

Although i know more now than then, i am still young enough to fix it. i am at an age where i can have more of an infloence on what happens next.

my problem isnt what i did in the past (although alot i would change) my problem, is i have become some what lazy and am stuck in the "go with the flow". I want so much more for myself, only i can do that....need to snap out of it.

but i suppose, i would like to be some what older, to see if i had snapped out of it :)

Now for the old man's input!

Just to go back and be some particular age again - just like things were then (meaning I don't know all the stuff I do now) I'd have to say somewhere in my mid to late 20's. I was doing a lot, going a lot of different places.

If I kept my memories and got a chance to do it again - it'd have to be my late teen years. I had so many opportunities to do things that I just blew off, if I knew then what I know now - oh the differences I make in my life!

As it is, I'm okay with being an ancient 65, I've got a lot still going on for me, have a massive amount of good memories ( and of course, more than a few really stupid ones! )

I think the major thing I do not like about being as old as I am is that some of my friends are starting to leave ... and while I have the memories, it'd be nice to just sit down and chat with them again.

I would want to be 16 again and correct alot of the stupid mistakes I have made, knowing what I know now. But we never get the hindsight package at 16 do we lol...I wish !!

well I'm 16 :D you can't turn back time but I can be a box where you throw all your warnings and corrections :D :D I need them after all LOL so scary how I hear everyone says "I wish I can go back and correct myself" hell there's even a song about it :S

Mid twenties forever. Old enough to be taken seriously but young enough to still have tons of energy! But everyone knows that I officially stopped ageing at 29 anyway, lol. 33 may not be old to many but it's the oldest that I'VE ever been so to me it is! Lol.