For those of you who has rescue dogs..

LittleBean

I was lucky enough to be able to trace right back to Freya's breeder so I know her exact birthday :) My housemate has a rescued jack russel from Dogs Trust that she adopted at approximately 6 months old in August 2010 - she estimated her birthday as sometime in February and just picked a random date in that month :P

I guess, as long as the dog isn't younger than a year, you would just celebrate the day you got him/her :)

Our new cat we adopted from the shelter is guessed to be around 16 years old. We will now celebrate her birthday on the day we got her, so she turned 16 last week :D

Battersea said Bear was around 12 weeks on the 7th October. So I took it back on the calendar that she was born around the 7th July. She'll turn a year next Saturday, it's gone soooo fast! Ice's last owner Knew when he was born, so no guess work required!

Max had all his papers and full details handed to me by the previous owner.

Blue's previous owners gave his dob when they handed him into SHWA and Hachi has his year on his microchip,just goiing to ring his old vets to see if they have the date and month,if not,I'll guess-timate!!lol

With our Red Heeler Sammy, we use his adoption date in October as his Birthday, because we adopted him right before he was going to be pts, so in effect, since he was given a new chance at life, it was a beginning of a new life for him, hence his new Birthday. They got him from a cornfield and they guessed his age at the time to be anywhere from 3-7 years old, and we've had him 6 years now going on 7.