What goes into your Sunday roast?

Povodny

Seeing as its Sunday an the chicken is in the oven I thought I'd post this an see what came back..if anything.

Everyone has their own variation on a Sunday roast.and I thought it would be interesting to see what that is :)

Today we're having cchicken, roast in the oven. Accompanying it will be sausagemeat stuffing (sage onion breadcrumbs an sausagemeat) goose fat roast potatoes roasted butternut squash and parsnips, steamed carrots an green beans. We also have sping onions finely sliced in vinegar for a garnish and of course gravy made from meat juices

We never get to a pudding coz we're always stuffed after. Today I'm only cooking for 7. The average in our household is 6.

So what do you have on your plate for Sunday dinner? :P

Sunday roast is my favourite!!!

Here is my roast chicken. I stuff butter, fresh herbs and garlic under the skin and stuff the cavity with a lemon. Roasted lemon juices add a great flavour to the gravy;

550133_10150792317098244_547258243_9539512_1751122293_n.jpg

This is my favourite way to cook lamb, slow roasted lamb shoulder yum!

roastlamb.jpg

This was last night, roast pork belly. Was so pleased with how the crackling turned out!

roastpork2.jpg

I served it with polenta, caramelised apples, greens and jus;

roastpork.jpg

And this is the roast beef I did last week! It was beautiful. Roast wagyu rib of beef with duck fat roast potatoes; roast pumpkin; beans in butter and honey; homemade gravy (as always) and yorkshire pudding!

beef.jpg

Sunday roast is my favourite!!!

Here is my roast chicken. I stuff butter, fresh herbs and garlic under the skin and stuff the cavity with a lemon. Roasted lemon juices add a great flavour to the gravy;

550133_10150792317098244_547258243_9539512_1751122293_n.jpg

This is my favourite way to cook lamb, slow roasted lamb shoulder yum!

roastlamb.jpg

This was last night, roast pork belly. Was so pleased with how the crackling turned out!

roastpork2.jpg

I served it with polenta, caramelised apples, greens and jus;

roastpork.jpg

And this is the roast beef I did last week! It was beautiful. Roast wagyu rib of beef with duck fat roast potatoes; roast pumpkin; beans in butter and honey; homemade gravy (as always) and yorkshire pudding!

beef.jpg

Nom nom :)

To me a great Sunday roast is any meat that allows for slow roasting, lots of veggies and of course pudding - always pudding :)

[MENTION=107]Bec[/MENTION], your photos are great - the one Sunday I don't do a roast (husband's gone fishing) there is a thread like this :rolleyes: sigh ...

My only rule is: If there aren't any Yorkshire Puddings its not a Sunday dinner!!

We just had pork, apple stuffing, mash potatoes, carrots and peas. Roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots and onions. Seasoned Yorkshire Puddings. Stuffed doesn't even cover It.

We always eat like pigs on a super lazy Sunday, as we eat very little during the week. Me and Ryder are drained from training class too so I'm sure once he's scoffed the left overs we'll be having a food induced nap until night walkies!

My only rule is: If there aren't any Yorkshire Puddings its not a Sunday dinner!!

We just had pork, apple stuffing, mash potatoes, carrots and peas. Roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots and onions. Seasoned Yorkshire Puddings. Stuffed doesn't even cover It.

We always eat like pigs on a super lazy Sunday, as we eat very little during the week. Me and Ryder are drained from training class too so I'm sure once he's scoffed the left overs we'll be having a food induced nap until night walkies!

Sounds like the perfect way to end the week :)

Bec, are you a chef or something? Gosh, those photos look so appetizing! PB&J for lunch today. Dinner will most likely come off the grill. Not sure yet, if it will be steaks, chops, or chicken.

I miss having "fancy" roast dinners! :( Grumpy doesn't like stuffing, a lot of veg (carrots, green beans etc), in fact if it's not plain chicken just roasted in it's own juices, well done roast potatoes, maybe some mash & peas, he won't eat it! If we do have a roast & I do extras with the veg,onion gravy, blah blah for me, he has salad cream on his roast dinner!! :eek: Salad cream - I ask you?? :jawdrop:

I miss having "fancy" roast dinners! :( Grumpy doesn't like stuffing, a lot of veg (carrots, green beans etc), in fact if it's not plain chicken just roasted in it's own juices, well done roast potatoes, maybe some mash & peas, he won't eat it! If we do have a roast & I do extras with the veg,onion gravy, blah blah for me, he has salad cream on his roast dinner!! :eek: Salad cream - I ask you?? :jawdrop:

Salad cream on sunday roast? Lol I can only think its a Notts thing Val. I feel the same about ketchup :/ ketchup.. Yukup lol

Bec, are you a chef or something? Gosh, those photos look so appetizing! PB&J for lunch today. Dinner will most likely come off the grill. Not sure yet, if it will be steaks, chops, or chicken.

Haha not at all, I just like eating LOL