chicken pox ergh

So we got home from our holiday friday, yesterday I noticed Alyssa had a spot on her back which looked strangely like chicken pox.

Now she looks like a dalmatian, yup defo chicken pox.

Bless her.

I knew shed get it, im just glad she got it after the holiday!

All of the kids in her class have had it now!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, I remember my eldest getting it, it was her fifth birthday party and half the class had already had it. On the day of her party I noticed she had one spot on her back an considered calling it off. Seeing as it was running its course through the entire nursery I decided to let the party carry on. Like your little girl within days she was covered. Her brother however only got about three spots in total! He was only 18mths at the time so that was good. The younger daughter had even more spots when she had them but again my younger son only had about three spots at age 2

Theres a new stuff you can get for soothing the itching, I'm sorry I can't remember what it's called but it's better than calamine, which seems to dry an draw the skin. But it's on the meds aisle in supermarkets in the children's pain relief section

Never had it, nor measles or mumps. I really really wanted the chicken pox as my class went down to just three kids. I still had to go to school. Hope Alyssa is feeling better soon. Your right at least she didn't get it in the summer holidays.

My brother and I both had them when we lived in England. My father in law has never had them so I guess when the husband got them my father in law had to move out for a week or two.

Do they have pox parties over there? Here in certain communities people will take there kids to see the kid that has chicken pox so their kid will get it too.

no need for parties lol the whole class got it!

OH GOD ITS GOT WORSE

shes crying non stop, nothing is making her happy. :(

calamine lotion is shite

the only other thing I could find in boots was over £8 a tube!

no need for parties lol the whole class got it!

OH GOD ITS GOT WORSE

shes crying non stop, nothing is making her happy. :(

calamine lotion is shite

the only other thing I could find in boots was over £8 a tube!

Eurax cream or lotion is good as well and much cheaper :/

And give her some liquid child piriton! That can also make her drowsy so will help calm her down a bit

I remember having them as a kid - not an enjoyable exercise! I do remember how I itched and got yelled at every time I scratched!!! You @Storm & Angels Mum have my sympathy as does your daughter!

oh I know bless her. Im trying to be sympathetic. she reckons she has them in her mouth, so she is living on icecream!

Just realised I hit exclamation mark instead of full stop on my give her some piriton sentence. Sorry, that was an accident.

I saw that, figured the emphasis was also part of the "will help calm her down a bit". Gods, don't we know she's uncomfortable, maybe a good dose! << exclamation teasingly intended :) >>

Monday night was awful. She screamed through half of the night, nothing would calm her down.

Yesterday nanny brought the piriton syrup.

Last night was a full nights sleep, no screaming.

:bananadance1:

shes still a bit wingy and sore.