What sports do you watch, take part in and follow?

madmonk

As it says on the title

What sports do you watch, take part in and follow ?

myself i watch a lot of motorsports (motorbikes (TT, MotoGP, BSB, WSB) F1, Brisca F1&F2 stock cars, Le Mans etc) i used to compete in brisca f2 stockcars and enduro off road racing

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use to love watching American Football (Chicago Bears fan!) but that has tailed off lately :(

Watch Bike racing (MotoGP, BSB, WSB etc) will go to circuits if I'm free when they're on

Watch Snooker when I can

Watch F1 when I can

I enjoy watching the Oxford / Cambridge boat race (only to see if there are any calamities!)

Used to watch football. But that was more to do with eyeing up the very lovely Jamie Redknapp :wub: than it was the actual football itself. :redface1:

Quite like playing babminton as it's pretty much the only sport I'm actually any good at......SEVERE lack of coordination and excessively clumsy!

Quite a few and would love to do more if I had the time lol...

Watching only - Motorsports (Mostly car based but do like a bit of motogp),

Taking part in - Ice Hockey, Snowboarding (Seem to have possibly been born in the wrong country..), Running for fun and Casual Football (although not so much these days),

• 3 weeks later...

Love watching NFL Football (Go Vikings) and Soccer (Go Real Salt Lake)! I aslo watch Motocross every weekend at our local race track. Only current sport I play is Beer League softball! Like anything to do with a board. Wakeboarding/Snowboarding/Skateboarding/Longboarding

Oh almost forgot..I used to swim and play soccer.

I devote my life to the service of American football 6-9 months a year, so I don't let my OH watch any other sports at home. Though when I'm out of the home he has ESPN on constantly.

I myself enjoy skating and gymnastics but usually only watch during the Olympics.

Oh and we Netflixed the Iditarod from a few years ago and loved that documentary on it, but we don't really follow it.

I devote my life to the service of American football 6-9 months a year, so I don't let my OH watch any other sports at home. Though when I'm out of the home he has ESPN on constantly.

You coach, play, or just cheer on a favorite team?

You coach, play, or just cheer on a favorite team?

My husband is a college coach so he's there spring summer and fall. I'm a photographer so I usually shoot every game and deliver the photos to his players. There are the fantasy football leagues. :) I have about 8 weeks spread through the year that I have my husband to myself with no football.

I was a State ranked swimmer as a teen , and my sister was state champion. We both made national cut offs, but I never made it into any finals there, but I sister placed somewhere in the top 100 back in the late 70's. I swam on a team from age 3-18, decided not to do it in college. My parents tried to keep me succeeding as much as possible and did crazy things like sending me to an 8wk camp two summers in a row to train under Don Gambril the 80's Olympic Coach. I never did it in college cuz my sister struggled while on the team in college and had to quit after 2yrs to keep up with studies....and she was smarter than me, and I would have flunked out of college early on if I would have tried to be on the team. Glad I didn't cuz I had too much fun in college and glad I didn't miss out...lol. I'm far from the sports type of person these days, as I went slightly crunchy granola in college, but it's still a part of me and try to lap swim weekly.

I also played volleyball for 8yrs and enjoyed it and was good at it, but swimming always took preference in the family.

I also played some soccer and basketball.....never softball (could never think fast enough and had no patience)

I hate sports such as american football and basketball, but I like baseball and hockey some, but that's cuz I have people in my family who were in AAA leagues, and one still trying to make into the NHL. I've never been to happy about the money making sports and all the hype, as I think it takes away from what is good about sports, and those that dedicate themselves to sports that are not money sports.

I'm all about the Olympic Swimming, and will be loyal to it, as it's a sport that is a part of me, not matter how much of a lazy blob I've become as I've gotten older. I would love to know more about [MENTION=4561]Shadow-Kodah-Drako[/MENTION] and her time swimming on her nation's team!

Well, for me, it's college football. Used to play football in high school, but that was eons ago.

I have watched golf on TV, but to be honest, it sort of bores me.

I was a State ranked swimmer as a teen , and my sister was state champion. We both made national cut offs, but I never made it into any finals there, but I sister placed somewhere in the top 100 back in the late 70's. I swam on a team from age 3-18, decided not to do it in college. My parents tried to keep me succeeding as much as possible and did crazy things like sending me to an 8wk camp two summers in a row to train under Don Gambril the 80's Olympic Coach. I never did it in college cuz my sister struggled while on the team in college and had to quit after 2yrs to keep up with studies....and she was smarter than me, and I would have flunked out of college early on if I would have tried to be on the team. Glad I didn't cuz I had too much fun in college and glad I didn't miss out...lol. I'm far from the sports type of person these days, as I went slightly crunchy granola in college, but it's still a part of me and try to lap swim weekly.

I also played volleyball for 8yrs and enjoyed it and was good at it, but swimming always took preference in the family.

I also played some soccer and basketball.....never softball (could never think fast enough and had no patience)

I hate sports such as american football and basketball, but I like baseball and hockey some, but that's cuz I have people in my family who were in AAA leagues, and one still trying to make into the NHL. I've never been to happy about the money making sports and all the hype, as I think it takes away from what is good about sports, and those that dedicate themselves to sports that are not money sports.

I'm all about the Olympic Swimming, and will be loyal to it, as it's a sport that is a part of me, not matter how much of a lazy blob I've become as I've gotten older. I would love to know more about @Shadow-Kodah-Drako and her time swimming on her nation's team!

It started when i was at school, think i was about 8 always loved swimming my trainer always use to push me to work harder, then started doing competitions & came first place each time so after a couple of years of more training i was put forward to swim for the country, i came third. I then moved to hign school still did swimming for my school until i left as any normal teenager well i say normal lol i decided i wanted to start going out with mates instead of swimming & thats when i stopped. After a few years not doing it i did regret it & think where & what would i have now if i was still doing it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm all about the Olympic Swimming, and will be loyal to it, as it's a sport that is a part of me, not matter how much of a lazy blob I've become as I've gotten older. I would love to know more about @Shadow-Kodah-Drako and her time swimming on her nation's team!

Very cool. What events did you swim?

Very cool. What events did you swim?

50,100,200 Freestyle

200 IM

100 back

100 Fly

They always wanted me to do the 500 free and the 200 Fly, but I hated those events, especially the 200 Fly, it was torture, but the 200 IM and 100 Free were my best events. Thanks for asking:) The Olympics got me up and going to lap swim 3 times a week now! Yeah!

50,100,200 Freestyle

200 IM

100 back

100 Fly

They always wanted me to do the 500 free and the 200 Fly, but I hated those events, especially the 200 Fly, it was torture, but the 200 IM and 100 Free were my best events. Thanks for asking:) The Olympics got me up and going to lap swim 3 times a week now! Yeah!

Very cool. I swam all through high school. Started doing backstroke then realized I was a much better distance swimmer. I could hold my own in sprints but with 60+ members on our team I decided I liked the distance events (200 & 500) much better.

never was big on the IM other than relays...I couldn't do the breaststroke kick to save my life. (later became a swim instructor and it suddenly clicked for me)

Very cool. I swam all through high school. Started doing backstroke then realized I was a much better distance swimmer. I could hold my own in sprints but with 60+ members on our team I decided I liked the distance events (200 & 500) much better.

never was big on the IM other than relays...I couldn't do the breaststroke kick to save my life. (later became a swim instructor and it suddenly clicked for me)

I could never trust my pace on the 500, my mind wandered and I could not focus, I was okay at it, but swimming was challenging enough mentally and physically and distance swims just stressed me out. It was one of my sister's best events.

I had a guy tell me at the pool the other day that I was giving away my age by doing backstroke flip turns the old way! In some ways it was rude, but funny too! He didn't look much younger than me. Still bothers me that they changed that years ago, as I find it to be unfair in "record" times. Do you still coach/instruct? I never got my WSI and my mother still nags at me about it, as she thinks it would be a nice thing to fall back on in times of need and in my "later years" as she puts it. And being that I work with kids already, teaching kids lesson could be lucrative extra income.

I better shut up now, as I could go on forever about my swimming past. Being a sport that is not that popular except during the Olympics, as you know it's something that you can feel very special about, and one of the best forms of exercise out there, besides keeping up with a husky dog!

I could never trust my pace on the 500, my mind wandered and I could not focus, I was okay at it, but swimming was challenging enough mentally and physically and distance swims just stressed me out. It was one of my sister's best events.

I had a guy tell me at the pool the other day that I was giving away my age by doing backstroke flip turns the old way! In some ways it was rude, but funny too! He didn't look much younger than me. Still bothers me that they changed that years ago, as I find it to be unfair in "record" times. Do you still coach/instruct? I never got my WSI and my mother still nags at me about it, as she thinks it would be a nice thing to fall back on in times of need and in my "later years" as she puts it. And being that I work with kids already, teaching kids lesson could be lucrative extra income.

I better shut up now, as I could go on forever about my swimming past. Being a sport that is not that popular except during the Olympics, as you know it's something that you can feel very special about, and one of the best forms of exercise out there, besides keeping up with a husky dog!

Being a tall guy (6'5") I could naturally keep a pretty steady pace without alot of effort. (that and 4-6 hours in the pool every day helped) a couple years back I told myself I was going to get back into it and try and join a masters team...but after a few months I remembered how much work it was! Haven't swam laps since! I wonder if I use the old style backstroke turns or the new ones? Never knew there was more than one way!

I didn't keep current on my WSI but do still have friends ask me to teach thier kids. From what I gather kids are still being taught using the same techniques I used back in the mid 90's

I too can go on and on about my swimming past! (my wife likes to remind me of this) Anytime you wanna talk swimming hit me up! :D

One of these days I just may try and get another workout in..I think about it everynight we walk Cj. We walk down around the Olympic Oval and there is a real nice community fitness and aquatic center there too!